Chapter 14.1

Jamie’s POV

“Hey, I’m outside. 🙋 Please open the door.” This message was sent a few minutes ago and I still haven’t gotten a reply nor see him open it.

I tried ringing his phone and he’s not picking up either. We’re supposed to go out today to celebrate but then changed our plans and decided to just stay in his apartment so he could cook for me. I can’t truly be trusted in the kitchen so I agreed with the idea. I honestly like this better than going out to crowded places anway, at least we can freely talk without much noise.

He’s still not opening the door.

Could he be in the restroom or busy cooking and just didn't notice his phone? I punched in his code, I don’t think he’d be opening this any minute and I can’t stand here any longer.

Sean gave me his passcode the other day when he couldn’t come home. The building admin needed to check his apartment when a pipe burst from the upper unit’s bathroom and his’ is going to be flooded if they don’t check the extent of the damage right away. Pete was not available because he’s out with his girlfriend - his much needed time with her. I was just at the coffee shop writing when he asked for the favor and I obliged.

I took my shoes off at the entryway and called for him when I got inside. He’s still not responding and when I turned to the living room, I saw him on the couch asleep. He’s lacking so much sleep these days due to the problem he had last weekend and they’re still fixing it until now, they can’t seem to get it working. He even looks like he lost weight.

I called his name softly trying not to startle him but still didn't budge. There’s a book lying on top of his laptop on the couch, he must have fallen asleep while reading and waiting for me. That’s actually an interesting read.

I saw an alarm clock by his side table and decided to set it

I saw an alarm clock by his side table and decided to set it. He’s not woken up by my voice so might as well make use of this. I know he wouldn’t really mind if I play silly tricks on him.

 I know he wouldn’t really mind if I play silly tricks on him

A minute passed and it started ringing loudly. Sean started searching for it without opening his eyes for a few seconds and still can’t find it. My poor baby, he’s really that exhausted.