Chapter 21.1

“Jamie! I’m so happy to finally see you in person! How are you dear?” Sean’s mom greeted me with a quick hug and held me in both my arms to take a good look at me.

“Good afternoon Ma’am. I’m happy to finally see you too!” I greeted her back. Sean’s father stood beside his mother, hands still in his pockets, waiting for his chance to greet me.

I moved my gaze to Sean’s father and he smiled at me, that small smile is similar to Sean’s. He extended his right hand and I shook it.

“Hello Sir, how are you?”

“Hi Jamie, nice to meet you. I heard a lot about you, not from my son but from my wife.” He chuckled.

They both gestured to us to come in. Their house is spacious and with a beautiful view. You get a dad that’s an executive, I’m pretty sure you’re bound to have this kind of space.

“What drink would you like, Jamie?” His mother asked.
“I’m okay with tea, thank you so much.”

“Mom, I see you’re almost done with food. But I don’t see any rice here.” Sean was slightly confused.

“Your mother must have forgotten, I was on the phone earlier and I didn’t check it too. Go make rice, you can show Jamie the kitchen while you’re at it. I’ll help your mother set up the table outside. She’s been going around like that because she wants Jamie to have a great time.” I heard his father instruct Sean.

“Oh okay Dad. Jamie, want to come to me in the kitchen? I’ll cook rice. They forgot.” He laughed.

“Sure. Do you need me to help you?”

“Uhm. I don’t trust you much with cooking rice, sorry.”

“Knock it off. That’s going to be minus points if your mother hears that.” I joined him in the kitchen and he got right to it. 

“Glad the drizzle stopped, otherwise your Mom’s set up in the garden will be ruined

“Glad the drizzle stopped, otherwise your Mom’s set up in the garden will be ruined.” I told him while he prepared rice.
“She was worried about it earlier because she wanted to have dinner outside. Dad usually obliges to what my Mom wants. He said he was running around earlier too when it drizzled. I think that’s why they forgot the rice.”

“We should have been here earlier so we could help. The garden is beautiful.” I murmured.

” I murmured