Chapter 14.2

Channel 100 Continued...

“Yes?” He answered his phone with a little irritation.

I smiled at that tone knowing full well how frustrated he is right at this very moment. He had so much restraint earlier trying to make sure I was neither pressured nor uncomfortable. I sensed it despite my thoughts going haywire. I guess Charlotte is going to get the brunt of that frustration or whoever that would be at the end of the line in case the phone gets passed on.

He stayed on the couch while he listened to whatever she had to say and I gave him a backrub making him feel that everything is fine.

“Can I simulate that here instead? I really was hoping I did not have to get any calls or go there today. I thought it was running smoothly, what did the error warning say? Could it be the tighteners not aligning again?” he’s sounding subtly annoyed.

He stayed on the couch beside me not caring if I overheard their conversation.

“Alright, I’ll go there, can you guys run the numbers please, how long it takes to get back up and then breakdowns in between, how many minutes or seconds, I just want to see which parts aren’t moving based on those numbers. This could get costly if this continues.” he said defeated.

He hung up the phone after a few more seconds and checked some of his messages

“Don’t get mad please, I have to go check this. I know we’re supposed to spend the day together but the amount of time and money these breakdowns are causing don’t sit well with the project team anymore. This has been going on for a week now.” he’s looking at me like I am going to burst any minute.

I smiled for assurance, “I’m not mad, don’t worry about me. It’s perfectly fine and I understand how this is stressing you. I don’t want to add up to that any more. Do you need to go now?”

“I just have to change quickly, I’ll drop you off home first and then go there afterwards. They can wait for me a few minutes more. I’m really sorry. I hope though this does not take all night.”

“Stop apologizing, it’s really not your fault.” I tried to fix his hair but he held my hand in place then kissed my palm. Nothing else I could do but caress his face to stop his worries.

Charlotte can live another day, I guess. The call was valid.