Chapter 25

No missed calls, no messages even. From us both.

I didn’t bother calling him last night, he didn’t either. He didn’t send the usual “I’m home” or his good night messages so why would I either?

Since I was so pissed last night, okay that’s an understatement, I was mad, I went straight to the bathroom and took a long bath to relax. I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that we ended up arguing over something so petty. I don’t even know what we were arguing about either.

It’s almost lunch time and I haven’t started my day. I’ve been awake since 8:00AM, didn’t bother exercising and chose to stay in bed. My phone rang loudly and I hurriedly checked who it was.

It’s not him.

“Hello?” I sighed my greetings.

“I just saw your text from last night, so sorry, my day started early. What’s up? Start speaking.”

“I don’t even know where to begin, Rada. I slept it off but I am still mad.”

“Why?”

I gave her the rundown of what happened last night in the car with Sean and at the party. She had a few clarifications on certain parts of the eventful night and even she cannot figure out how Sean and I ended up fighting. This isn’t really our first fight but this is the first one that extended the next morning.

“You either call him after this or go to his apartment and talk it out. There must be an explanation why he was like that yesterday. Aside from getting irked by that Drew guy you mentioned.”

“Call me stubborn but I won’t. It’s not my fault. Why should I be the one to call him? Whenever we have arguments, I usually end up apologizing first.”

“Uhm, because you were at fault that’s why you end up apologizing first, most often.”

“Those times, yes I’d admit but not this time. I didn’t even do anything, Rada. It’s frustrating. I know he’s tired but he could have at least kept the pretense going at the party for me. If he had a bad day, why take it out on me? I don’t deserve that, no one does. I always listen to what he has to say, so why couldn’t he even try last night.”

I wiped off these stupid tears on my face.

“Hey, calm down. I’m sure he will come to his senses and have an explanation.”

I stayed silent and my cousin just sighed on the other end.

“If you don’t want to call him or see him yet, at least begin your day already. You don’t want to keep sulking in your apartment, it’s not good for you. What time is it there?”

“Almost twelve I think.”

“As much as I want to keep talking with you and be there for you, this has been a two hour conversation and I need to shower.”

“I’m so sorry for not asking how your day was...” I trailed off, I feel bad for my cousin who has to hear me go on and on about my rants.

“It’s alright, I’m not going to hold this against you. He will come around and you both will be fine. Go get up, exercise to get a few of that energy spent, prepare your lunch. You already missed breakfast.”

“Thank you for always being there for me, despite you being so far away. I wish you were here though. I miss you.”

“I miss you too. How I wish and you’re always welcome. Love ya! now get up, order food for delivery if you’re too lazy and shower while you’re at it. I can already smell you from here.” She’s taking a jab at me to make this lighter.

“Yeah right. Love ya too. Go shower your long day off, I can smell you from here too, it’s worse. Bye.”

“Duh! Whatever. Bye!” she hung up right after that. I guess I have to get up and start my day.

I did yoga for about 30 mins and went to take a shower to wash this feeling off. My playlist is on to help put me in the mood today. Nothing better than relaxing with good music, despite.

I ordered chicken for lunch too, I’m starving and I hadn’t realized it until I started ordering off the menu. I was already on my way to the kitchen to get some water when I heard my doorbell ring.

I opened the door to accept my delivery in a good mood because, well it’s chicken, but stopped mid speaking when I saw Sean in front of me.