Chapter 3.1

Jamie's POV

I live off campus just about 3 train stops and a 5 minute walk from the station.

I left school earlier than planned to make sure I have enough time to prepare.

I haven’t gone out on a date for a while and this seems all too new to me.

Tossing different clothes on my bed, it’s been 30 minutes already but I have not decided what to wear. I am doomed and getting frustrated by the minute.

“How on earth did I amass this much hoodies and sweatpants? I must be out of my mind!” I reprimanded myself after seeing that my closet was taken over by these baggy clothes.

I had to dig deep for some dresses. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally settled with a white dress with ruffled long sleeves and high neckline.

It looks cute with colored lines design too.

This will do.

I decided to curl my hair and tie it after and put on light makeup. It’s 5:16PM when I received a message from him.

“I am on my way to the complex, see you there! I’d get us the tickets too. Oh and don’t forget to bring a coat, it might get chilly later tonight.” his thoughtful text read.

“I’m about to head on to the train station and yes, I will bring a coat thank you for reminding me.”

Now that’s another problem, what coat will go well with this dress! Thankfully, I found a brown one that seems to fit. I should head out now if I don’t want to be late.

I arrived at the cinema complex right on time and tried to look around for him.

He said we’d meet at the entrance where “Fireworks” is shown. He was nowhere in sight though.

Getting a little nervous as I waited, I typed in my message informing him that I am already here but there was no reply.

“Hi, Jamie.” said a deep male voice that I think I might recognize anywhere.

That’s how he sounded when he said hello to me at the library. This one is a little louder and maybe sweeter compared to that day.

I turned around and saw him smiling at me.

His hair was styled cleanly exposing his forehead and surprisingly wearing a coat that has the same color with the one I have. He’s holding two drinks and one big popcorn box.

“Hi, Sean.” I smiled and greeted him awkwardly. I sound so nervous compared to him.

Sometimes my emotions can be heard in my voice which I keep working on because I am often told by those close to me that it is a dead giveaway. 

“I’m sorry, did you wait long? I had to get us drinks and popcorn to tide us over the next 90 minutes while the movie runs before dinner. There was a line.” sounding apologetic but with a hint of excitement that we’re finally talking in person.

“No, it’s okay I just got here and thank you for getting us snacks.” is all I could reply, why am I always at a loss for words with this guy, I thought to myself.

“Let’s go in? It’s about to start.” Sean asked while showing me the cinema door.

” Sean asked while showing me the cinema door