New Beginnings

and so the story begins

CW: smut

August 28, 2020

For college move-in-day you really had expected a lot more out of Trost, but no. Somehow you were the first one to arrive at your suite. As you made your way inside the building there was barely a soul, besides the few welcoming RA's. No balloons, no signs, they sat at an undecorated plastic table with their only job being to assign you your room, and give you a key.

The empty suite shocked you when you opened the door, you had expected at least one more person to be there due to it already being past noon. But it was empty, so you had first choice of rooms. You choose the one all the way to the left. For the next two hours you and your dad began to unpack your belongings. In that time not a single one of your roommates arrived. You thought it was weird, and brushed it off as best as you could.

Your dad noticed the uneasy expression on your face when you stood staring at the empty bed on the other side of the room, frowning at the frame. He quickly reacted, offering to some kill time by getting food. You gladly accepted and the two of you left the room.

By 3pm you were back at the dorm.

"You want me to come back inside with you?" He asked as he pulled up to the front of the building. He eyed you from behind his thick black glasses frames, trying to gauge your expression.

"Nah." You shook your head at him, pursing your lips and giving him a short shrug. "I'm an adult now...kinda." You tacked on.

He lightly chuckled, leaning over the center console to give you an awkward car hug. "Call me if you need anything." He spoke softly as he gave you a gentle squeeze.

"Always."

You let the hug last a few seconds, you would see him soon enough. After the quick goodbye you began to head toward the dorm. For the first time in a long while, you felt truly alone.

An uneasy feeling overwhelmed your body as more people had arrived in the time you had been gone, you passed the RA table which was now crowded with building residents trying to get their keys. The noise of the chatter was better than the silence from noon, however the anxieties of being the new girl haunted the forefront of your mind.

You kept your head down as you ventured up to your floor, opting to take the stairs rather than the now packed elevator. This building was gross, you noted as you took the long way up. The walls were painted mustard yellow, the paint chipping off in many different sections and revealing a ghastly shade of green underneath. The air felt uncomfortably wet and smelt of a sweaty locker room. The staircase had the worst of the odor, but the hallways were none the better. 

Fuck, this was the place you were going to call home? 

There was noise inside you room as you approached it - a lot of it.  You heart began to pound.  Finally you were going to meet someone, hopefully a roommate. You unlocked the door, pushed it open and then stepped inside. The wooden entrance slammed shut behind you.

The noise did not stop inside.

"Connie I swear, if you don't put that down you're fucking dead!"

"How are you going to kill me, huh!" An ashy haired boy stood on the shitty faux leather couch, in his hands a black bra, decorated with flowery lace and pink little bows where the straps met the cups. He was waving it around in the air like a flag. You assumed that this was Connie.