A Prelude to the Nigh

Nov 24, 2021

It was never a surprise to wake up to loud noises. Never was it shocking when a crash, a bang, a shatter or even a blood curdling scream was the reason you woke up. Never a surprise, however in those moments where your body is waking up from a shocking sound it sure is fucking scary - only until you find out the reason for the noise. Only then does you body calm down.

This morning - a fine, fine morning - was one of those days where you did not wake up to an alarm, nor naturally - like nature intended. You woke up to a blood curdling scream coming from next door. Day two of waking up in a sheer panic. Yesterday Eren, today - Sasha. You knew that scream anywhere and in no way would the other girls in the house ever make a noise like that.

It was a single scream, so when screaming did not follow you rolled over closing your eyes and you ridded your mind of all thoughts in order to go back to bed. Today was going to be such a long day, you needed rest so you could stay awake during the night.

But then that single scream turned into "FUCKING JESUS CHRIST."

You eyes opened.

"Fuck. Oh my FUCKING- Jesus - FUCK."

You stayed bundled, waiting to see if this was Sasha and Niccolo being intimate again, or if something was actually wrong. You had heard her scream like that during sex a few times, so you were never totally sure if this was real pain or intimate pleasure. You didn't hear thumping, but you wouldn't put it past Sasha to make those sounds from some head. You waited to hear more. 

"IT WONT STOP FUCKING BLEEDING."

Annnnnnnd that's the one that got you out of bed. Stumbling over your groggy limbs you beelined for your door exiting your room and finding yourself in front of the bathroom. Where all the noises and screams had come from. You hadn't spoken to Sasha since your fight the other day.

The dirt monster fight....

Should you even put in the effort and energy to see why she's screaming? She broke your trust, Connie's trust - spilled your secrets that weren't her's to tell. Told the entire group of things that are private, things that are emotional, things that she shouldn't even know about. Should you check to see if she's okay? Time and time again, she fails to be a good friend.

You stared down at the handle, contemplating wether or not to continue ignoring her.

But alas, you chose to be the better person. You choose to be the good friend. The bigger human in the tiff. Your decision based on the simple fact that at the end of the day you loved her - and even when you fight, you were mature enough to get over it even if the fight is immature in nature. It would be truly awful to not have Sasha in your life, and you weren't going to throw all that away over what happened the other day.

Sure it sucked, but at least no one died. You could get over it, you could push past it. You could figure out how to talk like adults on the topic of your secret keeping, and her secret sharing. Loosing a friend, the first real friend you made here, would not happen in your near foreseeable future. You would make sure of that.

Your hand clasped around the handle and you pressed your cheek to the door. Your ear touching the wooden surface to better hear the sounds inside the closed room. You heard the pitter patter of water, Sasha was either in the shower or it was running for no good reason. Now with your face touching the door you could hear the girls panicked mumbles. Her streams of curses, and the spinning sound of.... a toilet paper roll?

What did she cut? Did she do it.... on purpose? No. There's no way.

Your knuckles rasped against the door, "Sash, you ok?" Your voice was rushed and panicked.