There's a Time and Place for Everything

This chapter goes out to the Mudae bot, AKA Asa for finally fucking rolling Jean today. 

Godspeed bitches.

Jeans POV

There's a time and place for everything, but not now.

The dialogue from a childhood game haunted his thoughts as Jean leaned against the window sill looking down at every one in attendance for tonights formal. Everyone except him and Floch.

There's a time and place for everything, but not now.

The words repeated over and over in his brain, Jean clenching his fists every so often in a tiff of rage.

He wished that now was the time and place to punch Floch Forster square in the jaw. But no, not now.

Jean and him were cooped up in this room from the minute they stepped foot in this place, but even before that this whole morning was filled with unnecessary stress. Unnecessary everything, but at least it was a distraction to the words that ruined his day.

You see, Jean had set an alarm for 10 am - knowing that their pregame started at 12 and that he would have to be at the venue by 2:30, just a half hour earlier than the event began. He was a guy too, so it really only would take him a half an hour to get ready. But Jean did not wake up to his alarm, no. Jean was woken up by his dear frat president - Floch Forster - at the ripe time of 8:30 am, the redhead already dressed in his suit and ready to go. 5 or so hours too early.

One of Jean's biggest pet peeves was being woken up, so his start to today was strike one for the man. But Jean held himself back, knowing today was important for the frat. Knowing that all of his hard work and volunteering for months would be highlighted today - and that he and his brothers would be acknowledged for all of that effort. 

Frats aren't just about partying.

It all only got worse. Jean felt like a therapist for the boy, as moments after he was out of his bed Floch was talking his ear off about how nervous he was about tonight. Pacing around Jean's closet sized room, the boy wouldn't shut the fuck up. Something about all eyes being on him, and his feelings on that matter. That was when Jean demanded that Floch either caffeinate him to wake up his brain, or go choke on air and die.

So at 9am the two boys were in Floch's car - driving to go get Dunkin in order to stimulate Jean's tired brain. Floch dressed in a navy blue suit, one that did not compliment the color of his hair, and Jean dressed in flannel printed navy pajama pants and a loose fitting grey top with AOT's letter on the chest.

Floch ended up ordering a lot, deciding to share with the house. So a Box o' Joe, two dozen donuts (since Connie could down an entire box by himself), a smaller box of 50  munchkins and since Jean was dragged there this morning - Floch let him order a different drink.

So Jean got the largest sized cold brew he could, with light ice and just a splash of oat milk inside. You had put him on oat milk months ago, and the boy hadn't gone back. Since he was now out two hours of sleeps, caffeine was going to be the fuel of the day.

With the title of 'next prez' being dangled in his face, Jean ended up helping Floch set up for the pregame. Jean mumbling and muttering responses back to the boys constant rambling about the future events of the day. Since it was an early morning pregame, a pre-darty to the formal - Floch went all out with getting morning themed drinks. So the two boys set up for mimosas, every kind of fruit juice decorated the counter and of course behind it - Vodka and bottles of Champagne.