Failure

TW: mentions of suicide

November 2, 2021

Sasha and Connie did not show up for Bio class, however; you and Eren did. The two of you sat at your usual lab table in the back - Eren taking meticulous notes while you zoned off- staring out the window to watch the trees rustle in the wind.

Everything that Professor Hange was saying up front was making no sense to you, and like usual Eren would just do the whole lab and slap your name on it.

"Okay!" A loud clap came from the front of the room, as Professor Hange clasped their hands together to get the classes attention. "I'm going to hand out the labs for today, as well as the tests that my Colt graded."

A few groans were heard around the class.

You hated science. But you loved Hange. How could you not, every time they spoke it was entertaining beyond belief.

Your brunette professor scampered around the room, handing out each of the labs and exams face down on the lab tables - stopping at each one to chat with the students.

"You think this is the test Colt noticed it on?" Eren asked you, a hush tone so that Hange nor anyone else around you could hear. 

You shrugged. Unsure when the blonde realized you were copying Eren's answers.

Eren grunted, sliding his notes to the middle of the table. "Listen, I know you hate this stuff but i'm making you do at least half the lab with me today."

"Eren." You whined, shoving the notes back to his side. 

He shoved them right back. "Listen, I'm not going to be here for you when we have the final. That shits 30% of our grade. You need to start paying more attention. Now."

"I'm try-"

"Bullshit." He cut you off scoffing. You grew annoyed, however he was right. "You've been starting out the window this whole time."

"....well....yeah."

Eren threw his head back in laughter, brining his hand up to push back the hair that had fallen out of his bun. "Y/n." His tone went back to one of serious nature, his face now staring right at your own. His eyes soft in shape as he looked into your own. "I'm gonna help you figure this shit out so you pass." He held up his hand, sticking his pinky out. "I promise."

You stared at the finger, not wanting to shake it right away. You had enjoyed the luxury of not having to pay attention. Now, with Colt realizing things, the luxury of being lab partners with Eren was no longer there. Gone forever, unless of course Colt quit his TA position.

You succumbed to the finger as Eren began to shake it more aggressively at you, clasping your own pinkie around his own and pulling down on it. Part of you was wary, as Eren Yeager took pinky promises very seriously. His hand moved up and down shaking yours, a triumphant smile on his face. "I'm a great tutor, just so you know."

"Whatever." You looked away from him, unlacing his pinky from your own. Just in time for Hange to head over to your table and give you the lab for the day and your exams back.

Both the papers were placed face down in front of the two of you. Hange gave you an uncomfortable smile before walking away without another word spoken.

Weird.

That was very unlike them... Hange loved Eren, for them not to stop and chat...

You grasped the edge of the paper, turning it over to reveal your grade. You let out a heavy sigh as your brain processed the red ink on top of the page. You were shocked at the grade though- you knew you had gotten two questions wrong on purpose. How the hell did you manage a 100.