Duct Tape on a Bullet Hole

sorry for the hiatus :/

November 24

You heard them talking. You heard them whispering. Mikasa and Armin style whispering too, they were secluding you, and you knew what that meant. They were talking about you. You stayed down by your phone, tapping at it to make sure it didn't time out. 

Jean's reaction toward you was weird. It was off. It was wrong. You were passed that shit, and you knew that as the other day you and him had thrown yourselves at one another. You and him had fucked in his car and then later that night stuck to one another like glue - cuddling, laughing, enjoying one another's presence. Now he was acting worse than he did that morning!

You didn't know what you did to him, as you really had not talked to him in a few days. He had been so hard to reach because of this whole thing and you had been busy with studying with Eren and-oh.

Eren.

No. There way no way Jean knew about Eren unless-

You slowly moved your body to lock you gaze onto your best friend. And there she stood, watching Jean with a petrified look on her face and you knew at that very moment that she betrayed your trust once again. 

Your whole plan on telling Jean tonight was thrown out the door. He already knew, and he wasn't acting normal - which meant that he didn't take it well. 

You had fucked up.

You stared back at your phone, now letting it time out. Your reflection stared back at you from the black screen - and the look on your face was one of guilt. Your eyes were stuck open, tears peaking at the corners of them from the anxiety that was bubbling in your stomach. You sat staring at yourself, calling yourself every horrible name in the book. Self-hating, self-loathing, all the while trying to come up with a plan of action.

However your mind remained blank, as the rage toward Sasha spilling your truth was battling with the disgusting feeling of hurting someone you cared about so deeply. 

Maybe...maybe the whole thing with Jean was more than friends. 

But adding that element to this made it even worse, because why when you thought about Eren Yeager and everything that had happened as of late - you felt the same fucking way?

You felt a tap on your shoulder, bringing you back to reality. It was soft, the pads, comforting in a way. You turned your head around and you were surprisingly met with Connie. You stared at one another for a moment, as he had an unsettling look on his face as well. Like no one knew what to do. His eyes danced around your facial features, locking themselves onto the red tint of your eyebrows and the tears that had started to form in the corner of your eyes. 

That's when he began his role. Connie Springers most famous act - Silly Goofy man of the year. 

The unsettling look was gone as fast as it showed, and a bright and wide smile spread across his lips. "You good?" He asked you, now crouching down. He blocked your view of Sasha and Jean, locking you in a little bubble with him.

"Yeah." 

Connie looked at the corner of your eye again, and then he did something you needed. He gave you comfort in a very Connie-eque way. He sighed at your lie, and then his right arm moved slowly. He plucked the pair of shades out from his shirt, opened them up from their folded position. Then, he turned them around and placed them gently over your eyes. 

You closed yours as this happened, the tears now streaming down your face from his actions. 

"Don't lie to me." He murmured, his fingers pushing a part of your hair back. "I'm your friend too don't forget that."