Charcuterie

October 23, 2021

You spent Saturday morning reading. 

You moved around your room to change up your position every few chapters or so. Sitting in one spot for too long made your body cramp up. Friday's events with Professor Ackerman had you motivated to read the next book he assigned, so your makeup day proved to be beneficial. It took you until the sun began to finally set to finish Frankenstein - a record time.

Mikasa had fed you fresh coffee throughout the morning, popping in with an ulterior motive to talkYou brushed her off each time though, letting her know that the part in the chapter was just too good to put down. You didn't want to loose concentration. When she finally brought up a bowl of soup around 1:00, you gave in. 

Mikasa had placed the bowl neatly next to you on the desk, where you were situated while reading volume two. Then, she took a few steps back looking down at you - waiting for something. You, annoyed as she had been doing this all morning, ignored her at first. You shoved the spoon in your mouth before saying anything.

Why did everyone always want to know your business? It was getting annoying.

"I could use a thank you." 

"Thanks, mom." Grabbing the handle of the spoon you pulled it from your mouth, scraping your teeth along the rounded metal as you did so. You turned your head to look up at her. "So what's up?" You asked her, knowing she had something on her mind.

She crossed her arms around her body. "What happened yesterday? I'd rather hear it from you before him." 

"Is it because you love me more?" You smiled, cocking your head to the side and scrunching up your nose at the girl.

Mikasa rolled her eyes. "No, it's because I trust you to tell me the truth." She told you matter-of-factly. "So, are you telling me or not?"

You grunted, placing a bookmark on the page you were on. Delicately you put the paperback down on your desk and swiveled in the chair to face her. "Get ready for this." You paused, for dramatic effect, and then continued:  "he apologized." You gave her jazz hands.

"And?" She leaned forward requesting more and ignoring your petty enthusiasm.

"It was genuine. He got...sappy." You thought back to the events from the day before.

Eren had forced himself up to your room after you all had gone to the mall. It was then when he apologized. Ending the apology on his hands and knees -  groveling for you to forgive him.

"Sappy and Eren shouldn't be in the same sentence." Mikasa pointed out. 

You shrugged. "He's different with me than you." He was always kind to you, cocky, yet sweet. "Maybe because you're family and I'm friend. He's allowed to be a dick to you, since you morally have to forgive him."

"I don't like to get involved in this stuff but-" Mikasa uncrossed her arms.  "-Eren's not just your friend."

You laughed nervously, not really understanding what she meant by Eren not being just your friend. Did she mean that he was other peoples friend besides you? "I guess he's close with Armin and Connie too. I wonder if he's sappy with them as well."

Mikasa had to hold herself back from pinching her brow. A loud sigh came from her lips, as she grew impatient with your lack of brain waves. "...right." Instead of explaining it, she let your stupidity slide. 

You didn't think anything more what she said. Leaning back in the chair you continued on. "Anyways, to conclude: Eren apologized for calling me a whore last week and finally gave some light onto the Hitch shit from Spring Break."