PEMDAS

October 17, 2021

"Hi, I'd like to make a return."

"Eren!" You playfully slapped the boy as your trio walked into the house. Family dinner night was tonight, something you tried to do every Sunday since the start of the year. Your whole group would eat and catch up before the start of another week, or at least most of the group. You all made an effort to show face.

"It makes too much noise." He complained to the girls in the room, continuing on with his reason for return. "I can't turn it off either."

"Sorry we don't take returns here." Mikasa told him from where she stood in the kitchen.

"All sales final!" Sasha chirped from her spot on the couch.

He flipped them off as the three of you walked further inside the house.

"Do I have no worth!?" You scolded the two girls.

"Little worth only." Annie spoke up, shrugging as she lowered the volume on the TV. She sat in the corner of the couch, far away from Sasha, her knees tucked into her chest. 

"You're all so mean to me." You grumbled, walking over and tossing yourself down on the couch. Eren followed in suit and took a seat next to you, whilst Armin ventured into the kitchen. 

"What's for dinner?" You heard him ask Mikasa, the boy already jumping in to help. The two began to talk amongst themselves, boxing everyone out of their conversation. A typical thing for the two of them to do. The two mothers, encasing themselves in their parental bubble.

Eren threw an arm around the back of the couch, kicking his legs up to rest on the worm apothecary table in the center of the unit. "So what are we watching?" 

"New Girl." Sasha extended her body out, sticking up her feet and stretching out her toes. "Can't cha tell?" She wiggled them at Eren.

You grabbed your nose, making a face of disgust at the brunette. "Put some socks on." You demanded, nasal in tone due to your pinched nostrils. Eren mirrored your actions, pinching his own and looking the other way.

Sasha rolled her eyes, wiggling her toes once more before pulling her knees into her chest. She turned sideways and dug them deep in between the cushions of the couch. "Now you can't see them." She explained, proud of herself.

"That's disgusting Sasha." Annie pointed out, sighing at your resident idiot. There was a good reason Annie had sat so far away from her on the couch.

"Nuh, uh."

Annie quickly gave up on arguing back. "I need a drink. Do we have wine?" She asked to no one in particular.

"What type?!" Armin overheard her from his bubble, within seconds he was reaching over to the pantry, checking your alcohol stash. "We've got..." he pulled open the door. "White? Looks like Chardonnay?" He questioned, looking to Mikasa for an answer.

She nodded.

"Oh! I'll take a glass of that." Sasha cheerfully requested.

"Me too." You added, craning your head to smile at the blonde who had two bottles in his hands. Armin already knowing you girls could finish one in mere seconds. He worked quickly, popping the cork out and pouring the contents into wine glasses that were already out on the counter.

It was a common occurrence to drink on Sundays. For you, Sasha and Connie - it was almost every week that you got drunk at family dinner night. Although, tonight you were starting without the buzzcut. 

You weren't sure if he would show up. It was safe for you to assume that Jean might not come, as this mornings events were beyond uncomfortable for the two of you. Him and Connie always arrived together, a package deal. So you would start without Connie, and if he showed up it was on him to catch up.