Never-ending Woes

A/N:  I reference lyrics in this chapter - i've never done that before? I vibed w/ it. ¯\_()_/¯

cw: smut

November 20, 2021

You stared at the messages on your screen. The late night thoughts of Jean, typed out at an ungodly hour. This was...well...not what you were expecting to wake up to.

Not a single ounce of your entire being would have ever expected Jean Kirstein to text you:

I really wish you were here

It was one thing for Eren to send you clingy texts, he had always done that. Fuck, it was normal for Sasha or even Connie to send you clingy shit - proof in every time Sasha seemed to text you lately it started with: I miss you.

Fuck. But for Jean to text that? For Jean to be thinking about you at 2:45 in the morning, and wishing you were there? That wasn't normal, it was anything but. Never had he done that, and here you were staring at the screen looking at the first time he did.

You weren't sure how you felt. You didn't feel sad, however you weren't happy. Confused, but more so uncomfortable? But not uncomfortable in the fact that he did it. It was like you had discomfort in how long it took him to say something like that. His text felt like a breath of relief for you, one that you had been holding in for months as Jean was an important person in your day to day life.

In your life Jean was new, and you liked this new. You liked hanging out with the new, you liked kissing the new, you liked pleasing the new. Simply put, you liked being in his presence. Just being in the same room with Jean gave you a feeling of content.

You had felt similar things with Eren last year when you and him began to get close. You smoked together every day and you were constantly going over to one another's dorms. You had loved the excitement of spending time with him, especially when it was new. 

But that new was different. There was no kissing, there was no pleasing - he was there for you as a friend, and one who you understood on a deeper level. Someone you needed after so long without that in your life. 

But then he went and fucked Hitch, and it changed. Boy did the Fire Nation attack. Her existence put up a weird wall in your friendship, and you still didn't understand why. How could fucking one girl change his entire relationship with you? You didn't get it.

It was a horrid new development that Hitch was around again. You didn't like it, you didn't like her one bit. You knew from the first day you met her she was an issue. An ingenue person who only thinks about herself. It was luck that you guys hadn't heard from her since Spring Break, but luck always runs out.

Life is a total bitch, someone should slap her.

Someone should slap Connie too. Little shithead of course talked to her without noticing she was using him. Jean would slap Connie, no wait, Jean did slap Connie for that. Gold star for Kirstein.

You had assumed that Hitch was trying to get to with Eren again. 

Did he even notice that this was probably some sort of sadistic game? Knowing him, he probably had a feeling. Plus he didn't tell you about her, and you felt like he would have if it was anything was going on.