Cocktail Weenies

Nov 24, 2021

3:00.

3:00 was when the formal officially started. You had shown up 30 minutes late. Which was not entirely your fault.

After you and Sasha ate a lunch consisting of rolled up deli meats and miscellaneous cheeses in the fridge, which she labeled as an 'impromptu Sharchoochie board', you ended up going down a rabbit hole of videos about Oreo's and the science behind the cream. Not a conspiracy video, however still - a mind blanking concept. Who knew how scientific and factual one could get about cream?

Your plan was to begin getting ready at 1. However, due to the video you began to get ready at 1:30. Sasha started her makeup, while you showered - the mornings events haunting you as you shaved your body in the normal places.

You ended up drying your hair, and by the time you started doing your own makeup it was 2:15. Sasha was finishing up with hers. By 2:45 you were finally done and dressed - and Sasha was also ready to go.

You were feeling yourself. The dress wasn't too long, nor was it short. The formal was cocktail attire, so no dresses at the thigh level. It was simple, a tight fit V-neck line, the fabric clenched in just the right areas in your hips and your ribs. It was simple, elegant, and the best part of all - pockets.

You felt confident, you felt ready but you also You felt totally unlike yourself. You hadn't worn a dress like this since Senior Prom; but everything else about the situation was boosting your confidence. You couldn't help but send a snapchat along to Eren, posing it in a way to flaunt your chest.

You didn't even think that he would get jealous, you just felt confident and you knew he was a boob man. He'd enjoy the pic, he is a guy. He was quick to respond, and it was a picture of his PC at home - the boy playing Valorant now that he was there today and for the next few - in the text box all it said was Smash.

You giggled, and didn't respond back.

In his humble abode, Eren was jealous you looked that good for Jean. 

In your own household - once again that thought didn't even cross your mind. Oblivious, you were as always - downright dumb on the matter. But hey, that's part of your charm, right?

By 2:45 you finally hit the first red light. This is where the both of you failed. Sasha had assumed that you had found someone to give you a ride to the venue. However, you had assumed that she had done the same. So at 2:50, when you should have been driving to get to the place, you were calling everyone to see if someone was around to bring the two of you - when you checked Uber and Lyft the cost was way more than the two of you had to your name combined.

You called Jean, while she called Connie. Jean's went straight to voicemail, which concerned you because you were his date and he hand't texted you all day - and Connie did pick up. But the kid was already quite tipsy due a pregame they had at the house with the sister sorority. Which no, you were not invited to. Connie blabbed some nonsense into the phone, and then hung up as well.

All of which kind of stressed you out because Sasha was Connies plus one and once again; Jean hadn't talked to you at all about tonight - what if you weren't actually his date?

No, that's crazy talk.

Then you called Marco, and she called Niccolo - both who didn't pick up. When it got to be 3:00 that's when the real panic kicked in, and the two of you began spamming every single person you knew on campus. Until finally one person picked up.

"Hello?"

"YMIR." You yelled into your phone.

"Are you okay?" She asked first, sounding genuinely concerned. "You never call me." She quickly added to that, rationalizing her initial reaction.