In Present Times

A/N : time skip forward 

October 16, 2021

"I think this is love. Yeah. I'm in love."

"Infatuation maybe Sash..." Scoffing, you rolled your eyes at your best friend's dramatic profession of feelings. Premature feelings if we're being technical, she had just met this guy.

She ignored your comment and continued to ramble on about the man, all the while sitting upside down on your bed, head hanging so low that her ponytail was half on the ground. Her locks of brown hair were pooling on the floor.

You sat in your desk chair a few feet away from her as you waited to head over to the Football House. Swiveling back and forth, you made yourself dizzy as you listened to your housemate go on.

Housemate.

It was still odd to use that word, even after a few months of living with the girls. Your friends had now graduated from simple roommates to housemates as Historia was able to snatch up the lease on a quaint little town house at the end of last year. 

Sasha and you shared the third floor, the two of you banished to your own dwellings. The two rooms were the only ones at the top of the house - doors always open to one another. In one year, you learned to really love Sasha- most out of all of the girls you had met. It was weird having a girl in your life that you were that close to, you had never really had a friend like her before. She meant so much to you.

Connie liked to joke that you guys were going to get married, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Sasha had a brand new guy she was really already professing her love for, and you were quite content with fucking a different guy every week or so.

You did, however; have a pact that if you were 50 and unmarried, you and her would tie the knot. For tax purposed of course. So Connie might have a shot at being right for once in his life. 

"He doesn't seem like a bad guy, you know. I think it actually might work out for once. We haven't stopped talking for like 3 days straight over text, which is pre-tty crazy." The brunette sat up on your bed, cracking her neck back and forth before shifting and leaning back on your pillows. "Anyways, enough about me and Niccolo." Her monologue has hit its end. "Have you talked to Reiner since last weekend?"

You grimaced at the mention of the blonde."He texted me a few days ago to get lunch but I never got around to responding..." You trailed off, not wanting to admit you had flat out ignored him. You would see him later tonight anyways.

"Why?!" She exclaimed, face twisted up in confusion.

You sighed. "I don't like him like that Sash. I don't want a relationship right now, everyone knows this. He knows this... he knew this." You corrected your statement due to the current unforeseen circumstances. "It's his house we're going to tonight, we'll just talk there."

Another sigh escaped your lips. This once much longer as you dreaded that part of the night. It wasn't a pleasant feeling, the one you had in anticipation of the near future where you would have to crush the poor boy's soul. 

But that's what happens when someone catches feelings in an agreed 'no romance' zone.

"You liked him enough to fuck him, what, how many times now?" She questioned, then followed up with, "like three times now?" She held up her fingers indicating the number.

"Actually four." You corrected her, laughing dryly when Sasha rolled her eyes and put up another finger. "I'm attracted to him, and I still enjoy hooking up with him. But I don't want a relationship now, you all know this. He caught feelings, not me." It was easier to blame him for this situation, as you upheld your part of the fuck buddy bargain.