Halloweekend II

TW: Drug Use
A/N: sensitive content as pertains to warning above.

Sunday October 31, 2021

"What the hell are you guys supposed to be?" Jeans greeting to you, Sasha, and Mikasa was less than friendly. He reached his hands out, tugging on the ear of your headband. "Seriously, what the hell is this?" He seemed genuinely confused - had the guy seriously never see a giraffe pattern before?

"Jean...we're safari animals." Mikasa pointed out, staring at him from the doorway- you all still outside since he didn't move to invite you into the frat house. 

He cocked his head to the side, "I can tell that you're an elephant, she's a zebra- but what the hell is this." He tugged on the headband again.

"Jean!" You swatted his hand away, annoyed that he was meddling with your hair. You had taken a long time to make sure it looked cute with the headband on, and here he was fucking with it. "I'm a giraffe."

"Dude, do you live under a rock- how the hell do you not know what a giraffe is?"

"I know what a giraffe is!" He defended himself against Sasha, squaring his body up in rebuttal. A panicked expression spread over his face, "I just..."

"You just what?" Sasha folded her arms across her chest, amused at the boy. "And where's your costume?" She pointed out his lack of holiday spirit. Jean was in maroon sweatpants and a loose fitting black tee.

"Connie wanted it to be a weird grand entrance kind of costume" His right hand came up and ran itself through his hair- that cute little motion he always did. You wondered what they were going to be.

"Are you guys matching?"

He sheepishly looked to the right. "Sort of..."

"So...like a couples costume?" 

 "Fuck off Sasha. Just come inside, Connie's concocting jungle juice in the kitchen. He'll be more than happy to force you to drink some." Jean, frustrated, now nodded to the general direction of where the AOT kitchen was.

Wanting alcohol more than anything else, and also not wanting to piss Jean off, you headed inside. Last night you didn't get as drunk as you had wanted- so tonight you were planning on getting absolutely wasted. This was the party to get inebriated at.

"Hey! You know, Jungle juice is kinda fitting for us to drink." Sasha noted as you rushed closer to the kitchen. "Since we all live in the jungle."

You swore your eye twitched. "Sasha, giraffes live on the savannah." 

"Same thing!" It was evident in her response that she didn't care to learn more.

"No...it's really not." Quietly, you mumbled to yourself. It didn't matter if Sasha heard it, she wasn't paying attention. 

You realized when the two of you stepped into the kitchen, that you had left Mikasa behind. Turning your head back, you spotted dark haired girl in a deep conversation with Jean. You were curious what it was about.

He was talking with his hands, leaned down a bit like he was explaining something to her. Her face was close to his, however her body placement was an awkward few feet away. It was as if she didn't want to get close to him, yet needed to talk to him.

You looked away from them, shaking your head; shaking the weird feeling you felt from staring at them. Your friends had began to become extra shady as of late, and it was stressing your bowels out.

Connie was the only person in the kitchen, the buzzcut standing behind a massive plastic cauldron. He was mixing it with a large spoon, steam coming out of the container due to the dry ice the boys bought for aesthetics.  From where you stood you could smell the toxicity of the drink, it was that nasty.