Attainable Solutions

Nov 21, 2021

You had threatened Connie over the phone with an eternity of cockblocking in order for him to not let it slip to Eren what had transpired in the front seat of Jeans car.

For Sasha, you told her you would never forgive her - and for the rest of the time living with her in the house you would wake her every morning by scaring the shit out of her.

The two agreed to the terms and conditions of keeping the car rendezvous from Eren and the rest of the group. Sasha could talk to Connie about it, and then Connie to Sasha - and if they so dared they could mention it to you and Jean, however; Jean would shut the talk of it down, and you would just threaten them with some more obscure things.

But you weren't sure how long those threats could last, as the next time it happened it would be a bit harder to contain.

It had already happened twice now, meaning there was always a bigger and better chance of it happening yet again. You hoped the next time it would be in a more comfortable place - like a bed or even a couch. Not to say the car was bad, something about it was nice.

Maybe it was the radio? Or the fact that it was so sudden? Maybe eve-

"Ow! Eren!" Your hand went up to your forehead, rubbing the center of it where Eren had just aggressively flicked you. "What the fuck?"

"Pay attention." He whined, tapping the pen he was holding on the paper in front of you. "I need you to be able to do this without my help."

"You need me to?" You quizzed.

"Yeah. Pay attention." He frowned, inching his stool closer to yours to get closer to the lab that he had laid out on the counter. "I need you to-"

You tuned him out again.

Thinking about the things you had to do, the never-ending woes of life just screwing you over. The fact that you had fucked Jean again complicated things greatly - as you still wanted to get with Eren. But this time around a little voice inside your head was telling you that was bad, that doing that would make things worse in your life. That fucking Eren, for the first time, would just cause an explosion within your little group of friends.

Screaming at the top of its lungs, over that very very small voice, was another. Yelling at you to just do it- to just fuck Eren. To finally bite that bullet, cross that line, and have probably the most fantastic and mind-blowing sex with the guy that you new best. And vise versa, as Eren knew most of your deep and darkest secrets too.

Voices, you were quite literally hearing voices. As another one, the third one, was not emphasizing the possible group explosion, nor screaming at you to act on a horny impulse. No, this voice was there to simply point out that in fucking Eren there was a possibility that Jean might get upset. You felt your stomach drop, thinking about hurting him that way.

It's funny how things change.

Months ago you wouldn't have batted an eye if you had to hurt Jean. Now you cared - you cared so much about his feelings and his well-being. These feelings scared you, especially since in your life all good things had a habit of coming to a brutal end.

The fourth voice that you finally heard was Eren's, again.

That one pulled you back into reality - as your dear tutor and brilliant friend had snapped at you once again to pay attention. His voice was at least real.

"Why can't you focus."

"I dunno." You looked down at the lab, the printed out sheet having Eren's scrappy handwriting all over it. Illegible scribbles from his horrible penmanship made learning from him even harder than it needed to be. "Your handwriting really sucks Eren."