The Rice Purity Test

November, 6 2021

College is on of those times in your life where nothing makes sense, yet everything makes sense at the same exact time. One night you can go to bed and everyone is at one another throats, then the very next day all harsh feelings can turn into love and jest. In college, a single week can end up feeling like a lifetime. A few hours is all it takes for turmoil to turn into triumph.

Waking up the next morning, you expected there to be some tension within the house from the chat the night before, but you woke up to the smell of maple syrup. When you walked downstairs, Historia and Mikasa were chatting away as they mixed, poured and flipped pancakes by the stove. Like last nights events didn't even happen.

A large stack on a plate was sitting on the counter, waiting to be eaten. Annie had already started stuffing her face with them, Ymir was lounging on the couch with Vampire Diaries on, and Sasha was tapping away on her phone like she was on a mission, sitting at the smaller dinner table in the corner of the room.

"Good-morning." You yawned, stretching your arms up and giving Annie a look over - for any signs of her rendezvous last night. You came up empty.

"Hey good-morning!" Historia turned, waving a plastic black spatula in your general direction, her chipper voice echoed int he kitchen. "We decided to make pancakes, since we all had a late night." She pointed it at the stack.

"Oh nice." You took the seat next to Annie.

"They're good." She spoke out, mouth full of pancake. "I love breakfast."

"You and Connie both." You laughed, thinking about how much your other friend loves anything and everything breakfast.

Another forkful in her mouth, she nodded.

"No boys on this wonderful Saturday morning?" You posed, inquiring if they were soon to be arriving or not invited at all. It wouldn't have been a weird thing to wake up with them already here. Since your door was literally always open.

"I actually texted Eren, but he hasn't responded." Mikasa answered, turning around to look at you. "Did Armin ever respond to you?"

"Oh shit." You forgot you even texted him. That's how exhausted and confused you were. You pulled your phone from your sweatshirt pocket, unlocking it and tapping on his name to see if anything new was in the thread. "Nah nothing, maybe his phones dead or he's sleeping."

"Yeah maybe." Mikasa shrugged, not thinking too much into it. 

Historia, next to her, flipped and slid the pancakes onto a paper plate from the griddle. Then she walked over to Sasha with the stack. "Eat up." She flopped it down, the pancakes getting slight air from the impact. 

The brunette spasmed in her seat, dropping her phone down and looking up at Historia. "Shit, you scared me." She said, picking up her fallen phone - inspecting it for any possible cracks or damage.

"You that  zoned in to what you're doing?" Hand on hip, spatula in the air; Historia asked. She was looking like a suburban mom.

"Connie sent me a link to a website this morning, some weird test thing. I've been taking it but it's kinda fucked up." She explained. "Some girl he matched with sent it to him."

"Where are those boys today?" You asked, Mikasa sliding a clean plate in front of you. "Thanks." You pulled it closer to yourself, took two pancakes, picked up the bottle of syrup from where it stood in the middle of you and Annie and opened the top. You then poured way too much onto the plate.