21 Questions

October 24, 2021

Sunday

You were hesitant to step outside your room all morning, not wanting to bump into Sasha. It didn't help that the two of you shared the same floor and bathroom. To avoid her you had even gone as far as dehydrating yourself- making sure to not drink too much-so you wouldn't have to leave the room to pee.

You were safe and sound in your room until later when everyone would be over for the usual Sunday night dinner. There was no way you could make up an excuse or hide during that. Unless you claimed you were sick or something. Some bubonic illness kinda shit. 

You scrolled on your phone in your room, just waiting for time to go by. It did the trick, as time flew as you watched video after video. Eventually you sprung up from your spot, due to a bang and a yell coming all the way from the first floor.

If you had to guess it was Connie. Sure as hell was not Armin yelling like that, or even Marco. Those two never raised their voices. And Connie loved to make a grand entrance.

Following the voice, you descended down on the tips of your toes to make as little noise as possible. Checking left and right for any signs of Sasha, even though you knew you would be seeing her downstairs - if not on the way down. Once at the bottom your face fell. 

Of course she was the first to greet Connie - why would it be any different. It was never any different. 

You should've said you had the plague.

Sasha was wrapping the buzzcut in a loose hug, turned away from you. He, however; faced you, and as soon as he spotted you at the bottom of the stairs he called out your name. Sasha dropped him quickly then, pushing past and going to hug Jean and Marco; the two having arrived with Connie. 

Connie came close wrapping you up in a bear hug and lifting you up. His hands interlocked behind your back and with a bend of his knees your entire weight was off the ground. His mouth went to your ear - "I see you and Sash haven't made up yet." He spoke in a low whisper so no one else could hear. Your response was inaudible, just a sad-sounding noise coming from the back of your throat.

This was your first real fight with the girl, the first time you had ever upset one another to this extent. You and her never had gone through this. It din't help that the two of you were very stubborn individuals.

You felt Connie sigh as he dropped you, but he stayed silent after his comment - the boy not wanting to get involved in your girl drama. Girl drama was too much for him, too messy. He scampered on over into the kitchen, following Sasha in to see what was snackable.

You were thankful for this lack of involvement. You had expected him to come in and scream that you and Jean had fucked, and that Sasha and you were fighting because of it- but he didn't. Meaning that someone gave him a lecture, that Jean had convinced him to keep it a secret. 

You planned on telling everyone what had happened, now that the cat had been forcefully removed from the bag. But you wanted to take your time in doing so. 

You greeted the other two boys with a wave, not wanting to get too close in fear of an accidental slip of the tongue. Although these two were more cautious than that. Marco waved back, the freckled boy smiling like a damn fool, and Jean just nodded in your general direction - a sour look on his face.

Marco headed straight for the unclaimed bean bag chair, leaving you behind with Jean. You were a few feet away from one another.  "Smells good in here." Jean pointed out, slicing through the slight awkward tension. He was trying to make simple conversation, however was nervous. He was unsure what to say. Part of him wished he texted to check up on you last night, but he didn't - and his chance to see if you were alright was long gone.