Slumber Party

November 2, 2021

"Don't say anything." Eren put his hand up, moving it from his iron grip on the wheel, to silence you. You jutted a thumb up, following his direction. He nodded, satisfied with that and proceed to move his hand forward, tapping the button on the dash that read ACCEPT CALL.

"Yeager." Was how Eren answered it.

You rolled your eyes.

"Yeager?" The voice on the other line repeated the last name, letting out a deep chuckle. "Are you mocking me, Eren?"

"I would never,  Zeke."

Eren was totally mocking him.

"Glad to know." Another laugh from the line. "Anyways, I think you know why I'm calling."

"Why couldn't dad do it?" Eren was quick, like he already knew everything about the phone call. It made you wonder how many times this happened before.

"He's in surgery, the cardio god has a heart reconstruction for some young chick." Zeke explained the reasoning. He said heart reconstruction like it was such a normal thing, a casual thing; like eating breakfast. You didn't know until now what Eren's dad did, you just thought he was a doctor not a full on heart surgeon. Eren rolled his eyes, looking at you like he was done with the conversation. "Daddy Grisha did check your grades before he went in though. Saw that a test from your bio class just got updated on the site."

A few seconds of silence filled the car, the only sound the light whirring of the vehicle. "What's my fate?" Eren finally spoke. For once sounding unsure of himself.

"I'm on my way to check in, he wanted me to go even before he saw the grade. I told him about your friend, Eren." Zeke sassed him. For a moment Eren regretted calling his brother that night, mad that he sobbed into the phone while asking for medical advice to aid an overdose.

Eren glanced over at you. He was holding back a lot of emotions in order not to scare you. If you weren't in the car it he and Zeke would be screaming at one another. Normal sibling things.

You were staring at the name on the screen, fidgeting with your fingers. Eren watched you, knowing you were nervous to go home- thus you fidgeted. Boldly he reached over, placing his hand on your thigh and giving it a squeeze. A friendly one, one of comfort. You faked a smile in return.

"What's my fate." Eren repeated the same phrase.

A low chuckle came from the other line. "I have a cup that requires your golden piss."

"I only smoke, Zeke." 

Zeke responded with a hum from the other line. You stared at the display, just watching the seconds gain on the call as Eren began to slow down- your house in view.

You were shocked - Eren was getting a drug test from his own family? Who the hell does that? His family, he's said before that they're good people. How does a good person make their child pee in a cup. How does one not trust their kid like that.

"ETA?" Eren pulled up in front of you house, stopping halfway in from of Ymir's car.

"Another hour, maybe less."

"Cool, I'm not home. Not planning on being home." Eren hoisted his body back, looking out the rear of the car and turning the wheel as he parallel parked in front of the house. "You have the spare key?"

"Daddy Grisha is going to murder me if I don't get your pee as soon as I get there Eren." He was patronizing each and every time the man's name was spoken. Daddy Grisha. Rather than just dad, or Grisha, he chose daddy Grisha every damn time. Zeke must have gone through some trauma for that to be what he calls his own father.