Into 2021

A/N: Went a little in depth about some drugs in this chapter, uhhh, don't do drugz kidz.

December 31, 2020

New Years Eve

2:00 PM

"Seriously Marco, thank you so much for doing this."

"Don't thank me!" The freckled boy laughed, running a nervous hand through his hair. "Thank my parents for going away."

Jean groaned loudly, irritated by his friends attempt to brush off Sasha's gratitude. He threw an arm loosely around Marco's shoulders, pulling his neck down into his chest. "Just say no problem- stop trying to act like a goddamn angel." His other hand loosely ruffled Marcos brown hair. He mimicked him then, repeating in a shrill voice, "Thank my parents for going away."

"Get off me!" Marco laughed, with a smile etched on his face. He shook his head until Jean released him. Then looked between you, Connie and Sasha. "I'm glad you guys could be here. I know some of us live kinda far apart."

"It's pronounced 'you're welcome'."

Marco rolled his eyes at Jean, yet his smile was still there.

"Man, as soon as you texted us 'empty house' for winter break I was packing my shit." Connie threw both hands behind his head. "I don't care how far I had to drive, I'm not leaving you alone."

"You gonna cuddle him all night or something?" 

"Jean!"

Jean put his hands up in defense, "What? I'm just making sure Connie didn't drive all this way to confess his feelings. I want a drama free weekend this year." Jean pestered the two boys, usual antics between them. 

"I'm not gay."

"Connies not my type." 

The two boys both responded, with Connie looking appalled and Marco looking right at Jean. That wide smile he had on his face now replaced with a scowl. 

You gulped, noticing the few seconds of silence that followed. Jean's comment feeling anything but playful and that look Marco was giving Jean, you had never seem him make that face before. With how close the two were, you didn't think it was even possible for Marco to look at Jean like that. You wondered what happened last year, what drama ensued between the friends. 

Sasha cleared her throat, rolling her suitcase in front of her body.

The noise caused your new friends to settle. Connie closed his mouth and took a step away from the taller two, his body inches away from touching your own now. Jean, on the other hand, sucked in a huff of air and now with a faraway expression on his face he stared out the window. 

Marco dropped his glare, his eyes scanned Sasha's bag then moved onto your own much smaller one. A grey duffle with only a few days worth of clothes inside. "So how long are you two planning on staying?" 

"Whenever Sasha want's to go back." You nodded over at the brunette who was nodding along to what you were saying.

"I'm her ride." She said with a smile, although it felt forced as her body was still tense. 

Marco folded his arms across his chest as he continued to examine the bags. Once again, he surveyed your small duffle, and looking at you with an eyebrow raised he spoke, "It's either someone under-packed-" he then looked to Sashas massive suitcase, "-or over-packed."

"Always be prepared." Sasha's hand quickly went up in a salute. "Scouts honor, or some shit."

The two boys playfully scoffed at her actions. "Well if you need any clothes, since you packed light, please just ask." Marco offered you.