Second Place

November 3, 2021

Eren woke up in a fetal position on the couch, Armin's head touching his own and Connies legs sprawled across him. His first order of business was to shrug the latter off of him, which he did without waking the boy. He remained there for less than five minutes, as the snoring from the boys in the room became unbearable. Connie and Marco sounded like they were old men.

He stood up, bending backwards to stretch out his body- turning his neck so that the overnight kinks in it would crack. He scanned the room, looking at his friends downstairs, Connie, Armin, Marco, Je-where the fuck was Jean?

The time on the digital clock below the TV displayed 7:30 AM. There was no fucking way that Jean would have gotten up by now, the only class the kid had today was the English class you and him had with Ackerman. Which was in the afternoon.

Once again, Eren wondered-where the fuck was Jean?

A loud crash came from up the stairs- the old house shaking with the rumble from above. Eren's stomach dropped, a dangerous feeling forming. His legs moved before his brain, sprinting up the stairs to find where the noise came from.

Wondering still, where is Jean?

Eren paused after the first staircase, staring at the hallway of rooms on the second floor. The loud sound now turning into rhythmic banging, that familiar creaking that every college student knows all too well. The sound wasn't coming from this floor, as the thumping and now vocalization was still coming from above.

Eren felt like he was going to throw up.

He continued on, his pause only lasting seconds before his legs moved once again. The boy dreading what he was going to walk into.It better not be Jean. Maybe he should turn back now?

But he didn't.

Out of the three doors he chose your own to throw open, not actually listening to where the thuds and moans were coming from. His movements propelled his large body inside your room, turning to where the noise would be coming from - your bed.

However Eren was surprised at what he saw. Not a pleasant one, not really a relieved one, but one of slight ease. He still wanted to beat the shit out of a part of the sight. Eren's eyes were locked onto the boy who was in your bed.

Scrolling on his phone, with your body knocked the fuck out on his chest was Jean. Who looked confused at the grand entrance of Eren Jeager. The two boys eyes's met, no words being spoken yet. The thudding continued from next door.

"FUCK, NIC!"

A scream, from Sasha's mouth, echoed throughout the house. Another loud thud came, shaking your entire room. The dresser against the wall jingled, the shit you had on top rustling. Jean rolled his eyes, a smug look creeping onto his face as Eren stared down at you.

"How the fuck is she sleeping through that?" Eren voiced, looking to Jean - not for a answer -  but more for an agreement on the shock value of you sleeping though your roommate getting loudly railed. You were a heavy sleeper, but to sleep through this was insane. 

Jean just shrugged, looking back at his phone and continuing to do whatever he was doing when Eren walked in. His hand rested around your body, his fingers a bit tangled in your hair. He payed no mind to the boy who barged into the room. Purposely.

Eren was going to kill him. It took everything out of him to not say something right then and there. But right now Eren's biggest fear was making the subtle competition him and Jean had with one another a reality.