Domestic Blues & Bongs

A/N: I cried while writing this, which has never happened lol. Thank u for 19K reads <3.

November 13, 2021

Eren

Domestic.

Eren loved when things with you felt domestic, he loved that fact that he was able to show up out of the blue, absolutely uninvited and spend the day with you. To continue on with a slightly Adele sounding concept; Eren really couldn't stay away, nor could he fight it.

After breakfast you and him had cleaned up. Eren was shocked at how quick you jumped to do the dishes; but he knew you cleaned up most nights after Mikasa. So it was automatic for you to do it.

You were so fucking good. Even though people may say otherwise.

You washed, Eren dried - and the two of you talked quietly about what the hell could have happened to that backpack. All Eren wanted to do was make you feel better, calm you down.

Eren had no idea who would have taken it, other than Marco - but you were with him and Jean last night so that ruled him out. He had no clues to who the thief could be, and unfortunately a little part of him still thought that maybe you had misplaced it. As you had a habit of doing so. Cough, cough - every house key you've ever been given.

When the last dish was dried you smiled up at Eren, giving him your best fake yawn. With his eyebrows raised he looked down at you, curious to what you were thinking.

"Need caffeine." You jutted out your lower lip and widened your eyes. A puppy dog face.

Eren looked away knowing he would give in, his eyes glanced over at the counter the two of you ate at. "Was my french toast not enough for you?" He gave you a disapproving shake of the head. A single clicking of his teeth echoed inside the kitchen.

"Yeah, there's no caffeine in bread." You pointed to the bagged loaf that was still left on the counter, scoffing loudly as you did so.

"You're very demanding for someone who just had breakfast made for them."

"I could have made it myself." You huffed out. You could have, however it probably wouldn't have tasted quite right.

Eren turned to raise an eyebrow at you, as if to say 'yeah right' . You would have burnt every slice.

"I need caffeine to function." You whined. "Like, the good shit."

"What's the good shit?" Eren had an inkling to what you were going to say. Knowing how your brain worked. Knowing you better than the rest. Knowing your go to orders at every fast food place and every coffee shop. 

"Starbucks."

Yep. "You want a dirty chai don't you."

You put a dramatic hand up, to stop him from saying anything more. "Filthy, Eren. I wanna be shaking after I down that baby."

"Filthy you say?" Eren took that as an invitation to flirt, leaning closer down to where you stood. The two of you were by the sink, your body leaned into the countertop. He began to mimic your posture, resting his side against the counter as well. His arm rested across the raised lip of the sink, his sweatshirt sleeve dampening at the contact as the both of you had just used it and water was splashed along its rim.

He was hunched over, and yet he still managed to tower above you.

It was when his resting hand inched forward, lightly dusting your hip with its fingertips when you stumbled. Your body flinched at the gentle contact.