Chapter 15: Unusual

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"Maeve, wake up we have arrived" I whine opening my eyes unhurriedly, Kayla's hands are on my shoulder as she jiggles me awake. "Yes, I'm awake." I cover my eyes yawning.

I pull my hand away from my eyes glancing around the car, Aaron parking on our porch. Aaron turns off the mechanism and get's out of the car with us following behind him.

My legs are instantly senseless when I get out of the car. My head is hurting and did I mention how fricking cold it is right now?

We empty the trunk and Aaron unlocks the door of our house. Once the door opens we enter the house and I let out a sigh walking towards the living room. I let myself drop on the couch and a few seconds later Kayla appears and sits beside me.

"Are you sleeping over today?" I asked bending my head her way, she bounces her head slowly. "I'm too tired to go back home." She yawns, "And I stink." She adds laughing afterwards.

Kayla swivels her body in my direction leaning her head against her hand, "What was that at the Playaz Club?" A grin evolves on her face and I internally roll my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I inquire pretending to not know what she's talking about. "Don't play dumb with me. I saw you two holding hands." I scrunch my nose and shake my head.

"What, I'm certainly not blind." A sigh leaves my mouth as I massage my temples. "He grabbed my hand. He was holding my hand, I wasn't holding his." I emphasize the words 'he'

"Don't tell me you didn't feel anything, not even a little spark. Or a -" I cut her off before she could talk any further, "I just woke up and you're ambushing me with things that I honestly don't care about." I inform her and she raises an eyebrow.

"You didn't answer the question." I peek away from her.

"You should stop denying things you know are true," Kayla speaks and I turn my head to look behind me. My brothers were chattering with Silas.

"I'm not denying anything - I mean I am but it's the truth. I don't like him." I whisper making certain that no one else heard.

"Okay, one question tho. Why is there so much tension between the two of you then?" Kayla queries and I shrug.

Do we have tension?

"I don't know and I don't see the tension. He asked me to shoot him when we were training, you call that tension?" I chuckle while Kayla shrugs.

Kayla sighs and stands up from the couch, "I'm going to take a shower or I'll think I'll be sick." She sniffs her clothes and scrunches her face walking towards the stairs and climbing upstairs.