Chapter 20: Mine

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

I remain at the top of the stairs, waiting for Silas to leave. Finally, he does while Aaron strolls away too. I stand up from the stairs and carefully step down, looking around the house.

"What are you doing?" Cayden's voice makes me jump, holding my chest, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He smiles innocently, his eyebrows raised.

An idea rushed into my mind as I turn to Cayden with an evilly grin on my face, "I need you to do something, it's important," He narrows his eyes, not trusting me entirely.

I look around the room once again, making sure that no one heard, "I need you to search for the documents of the Ambrose clan, I need it." He sighs, "I don't think I can-," I cut him off, glaring at him.

"Please? You remember that time when we were 10, I got you out of trouble with our parents," I recall but he frowns, "No?"

I roll my eyes, "Well, you should remember it. It was a pretty savage moment." I chuckle at the thought, "But I need this favour, please." I pout waiting for his answer.

He huffs while pinching the bridge of his nose, "Fine. I'll search for it," A smile is visible on my lips and I thank him, "Don't tell anyone though." I warn as he nods his head walking away.

I climb up the stairs again and enter my bedroom. I turn on the lights as I pick up my phone and dial my father's number.

My parents are coming back in about two days.

Luckily he picks up.

"Hello Maeve, how are you doing?" My father's voice speaks through the phone, I chuckle sitting down on my soft bed, "I'm doing good, how is the mission going?" I question.

He breathes, "It's doing good, we almost have them. Your mother is busy working on finding out their location." I hum, "Which clan again?"

"The Silvius clan, we don't know that much about them yet, but the Ludovico clan is looking for some information." My father answers, I look at the time not wanting to burden him even more.

I yawn, stretching my arms, "I think I'm going to sleep now, good luck with the mission,"

"Thank you, goodnight." My father speaks. I hang up the phone and enter the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I then change into some comfortable clothes before turning off the lights again, laying down on my bed.

I close my eyes, surrounding myself in the complete darkness as I drift off to sleep.

ϟ Silas ϟ

Mason settles himself next to me on the couch, heaving a sigh, "Leah told me about the attack today, Ambrose clan?" He starts and my jaw clenches.