Chapter 36: Breaking Down

Y'all... I'm going to say sorry for this chapter so yeah... I did tell y'all that everything is about to go down...

I had to study for my test that was due for today but I had no motivation... even though I had enough motivation to write 😩

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

I shove him away with all my strength and he barely stumbles back. My head is spinning, my body is supporting itself on the wall in case my limbs give up.

"What–," I mumble, stunned when I lock stares with him. Ethan.

My breath quickens and my voice hardly managed to come out, "What are you doing here?" I question as he chuckles.

"E.A, does that ring a bell?" He smirks and my eyes widen when I comprehend what he means.

Ethan Ambrose.

"How–, what?" I stutter, not able to make proper English words.

"Oh, I thought Silas told you?" He laughters, I frown as I attempt to keep the distance between us, "What are you talking about?" I interrogate him.

He sighs, "I found out that Silas tortured one of my men because he wanted to know who the boss of the Ambrose clan was." He explains, humour in his tone.

"He knew it all along, baby." He steps closer and I only look at him with pure bitterness and fear.

My heart drops into my stomach, my mind is racing and my ears refuse to accept what he's saying.

Silas knew it all along.

He promised.

"You–, you killed my mom." My voice comes out as a whisper and I wanted nothing more but to cry and shoot him in the head.

"I did, sorry about that." He chuckles, feeling no remorse, "But she was kinda getting on my nerves."

"I'm going to kill you," I whisper, anger burning through my veins. My blood boiling as my fingers grip the metal gun tighter.

Ethan laughs, "I wouldn't do that in case you want your friends to blow up in a million pieces,"

Fear strikes through my muscles, there are bombs.

"What do you want from me?" I sound desperate, but the only thing going through my mind is please don't hurt them.

"I want nothing from you," He shakes his head, "I just want you."

A frown is littering my face, "You see, you were always mine." He steps closer, "Not Silas'," Another step.