Ch 22 - Sadness and Sorrow

Ever since that day, Lumine been keeping all her feelings inside, neither wanted to cry or even smiling. It's just emptiness that was dwelling in deep of her heart. For her, she couldn't understand what was happened with Aether.

Paimon: "Lumine..."

Lumine: Paimon... Can I be alone for a bit? I'm sure Xiangling would love a visit from her most reliable taste tester..."

Paimon: "B-but..."

Giving her friend an assured feeling, Lumine patted the Fairy's head gently with a smile. A smile that was saw far beyond the world... the smile of sadness and longing of precious person.

Lumine: "I'll be okay... I just... need a time to think"

Paimon: "I-if you say so, just don't stay out too late... Okay"

Lumine: "Yeah..."

Paimon flew out leaving Lumine on her thoughts as she's watching flower field that goes far as she can see. It's like in their previous world, where they will travels in this kind of field.

Aether: "Why are you with Dain?"

Lumine: "You idiot. I haven't seen you since centuries and that's what you ask me? Did you know that my powers are gone? That I've turning over every damn rocks just to find you!?"

And the golden haired girl is walking through the flower field.

Aether: "Don't try to stop me. Don't try stop Abyss Order... Heed my words, Lumine"

Lumine: "Idiot. You've always been like this... "

A scene played into Lumine's mind where they're were fighting the Unknown God and Aether engulfed in cubes.

Lumine: "Why I can't go faster? Why I can't save you back then? If all of my power are there... Perhaps..."

The scene changed again into where she helplessly fought La Signora and Tartaglia. She was having hard time to fight them... even let Venti's Gnosis being taken away by the Fatui.

Without realizing, her tears already poured out from her eyes.

Lumine: "Faster! Stronger! I should catch on faster... Idiot. Aether always said I never saw a bigger picture until..."

The tears continue to flowing out from her eyes as she's running on the flower field and her breathing becomes heavy.

Aether: "We've always had enough time... We always do..."

Lumine: "*crying* You say that but... All have I done is waste it... Please..."

She's crying and her sobbing are echoing through the field.

Lumine: "*crying* Please Aether... come back..."

She's still crying as a white of blanket covered her head and a deep familiar voice speaking up closer.

(Y/N): "You okay there, girl? You look ugly when crying... Use that to cover up or else your beautiful face would go wasted..."

And then, with a blanket covered her face, Lumine crying to her wholehearted without even care if (Y/N) is nearby while the Red Bowman just stood patiently, waiting for her to go out with her feelings.

After a few minutes, Lumine started to calm down while still covered in a blanket and then, she stand up, but due embarrassed by her own actions as it was seen by (Y/N), Lumine is walking away from the scene without uttering a single words and blanket still covered her half upper body.

(Y/N): *sighed* You're welcome..."

Stopped her feet Lumine was turned around and facing (Y/N) with her red eyes and sniffing all the times after crying.