Chapter 1: Good Girl Gone Bad

I never knew you could hate anyone with a passion. But I do now. Number boy. School jock. Mr. Popular. Principals son. Millionaire. Four.

"You bitch!" Four belts out.
"Asshole!" I scream back feeling anger rise in me.
"You two!" A teacher shouts from down the hall with a stricken expression,"watch your language or you'll both go to the principals office again!"

I let out a low growl of frustration, I'd take a swing at him right now but unfortunately for me I've already gotten into enough trouble. Four flowers down at me one last time before raging down the hallways. Anger boils inside of my chest at the thought of him, ever since we were children I've felt this rage towards him. Competition. That's what my father calls it. I simply like to state I don't make friends with arranging bastards.

I waltz into my next class muttering profanities under my breath while I sit down in the back corner with Marlene trailing behind me.
"Hey girl," she says cheerfully taking out her notes.
"Hey," I sigh doing the same.
"So you already got in a fight with Four I hear," she states with a dry laugh and I roll my eyes.
"Jeez if I could go one day without everyone knowing what I've been doing I might die of shock," I retort sarcastically and flip my textbook open.

"Speak of the devil," I mutter just as Four and Uriah strut in. They act as if they own the place, well Four technically does.
"Great," we grumble in unison. She has a burning hatred for Uriah, not as much as I despise Four's guts, but enough to make them want to strangle each other on a daily basis; and believe me they've tried.
"Here's your new seating arrangements for the rest of the semester," the stick figure teacher says, he brown hair pinned back as she steps aside to show us the neat handwriting on the board.

I stare at the white board for about a minute as my jaw goes slack in anger. I'm right next to the bastard Four and Marlene is on the other side of the room right next to Uriah.
"That brat does it on purpose I swear," Marlene mumbles while trudging to the other side of the room with her heals clicking. No doubt the teacher did, she likes to torment her students and mows exactly how.

I groan as Four plops in the seat next to mine with a load huff. We don't even look at each other; however, I can feel the anger radiating off of him in waves. The second the teacher starts talking I doze off and start to think of more important things, like soccer or stabbing Four in the eye with a butter knife.
"Tris," I here someone whisper.
"Tris," the same sing-song voice repeats from next to me.
"Can I have a pen?" Four asks and leans over right next to me with his breathe tickling my ear.
"No, leave me alone," I growl out in a harsh whisper and shove his face roughly away from mine. What is he up to now?
"Please," he pouts giving me puppy dog eyes.
"Get the he..."
"Ok, ok, ok, I get the point," he returns to his seat with a small smirk on his face. My eyes narrow.

Class is almost done and I'm ready to get out of this hell hole when I grab my water bottle and take a quick sip. The moment the water hits my tongue I spew it out everywhere and let out a loud squeal of disgust.
"MISS PRIOR!" The teacher shrieks as all eyes land on me.
"Somebody put apple cider vinegar in my water!" I scream examining my water bottle. Then I remember Four and I feel anger seep out of my pores.
"FOUR!" I scream turning to him while his face is red from trying to contain his laughter.
"You two principals office NOW!" she screams and lifts her chin like a snobby little child.

My face goes slack in disbelief as Four's smile drops in a second.
"Why is Tris going to the office she did nothing wrong!" Marlene bellows from across the room, arms crossed eyes narrowed.
"One more word out of you young lady and you can join them," the teacher hisses. I stand quickly, not wanting Marlene to open her mouth again because what will come out will be rather foul.
"Congratulations number boy it's the first period and you've already managed to get us sent to the principals office," I growl while walking as far away from him as possible on the other side of the hallway.
"It was just a prank," he muses with a hint of anger and despair in his low voice.