Chapter 83: Uriah Actually Saved the Day

Tris POV
"FOUR WE'RE GOING TO DIE! WE ARE GOING TO DIE!" I scream at the top of my lungs as the current sweeps underneath us.
"Tris, breathe!" he shouts back as I begin to hyperventilate. The already dark world around me dims again as my fingers dig into Tobias' back and I cling to him for dear life.
"It's ok," his hand strokes my back as the current beneath us shifts again, "I got you."

My breathing quickens and so does my grip, "We're coming guys!" Uncle Rico's voice echoes and I begin to wish that Amar was here. Amar would know what to do, he always knows what to do.
"I want to go home," I whimper, "I really want to go home."
"I know, we will, we will I promise, just take a deep breath," Four coos.

The sound of something splashing in the water next to us makes my eyes snap open and land on a rope. My gaze follows it to the very top of the dark tunnel, light from their flashlights stream down on us as Four reaches for the rope.
"Grab on guys hurry!" Will shouts to the two of us. Neither of us hesitates, both Four and I lurch for the rope and his arm wraps tightly around my body as it slowly starts to rise.
"Hurry up!" a female voice screeches and I quiver and shake in Four's grasp. I can't help it, I look down. That's when I really see it, the dark fish's body overtakes most of the large tunnel we had fallen into, it's body strong and muscular disappears into the depths.

"It's gone!" I shout as we continue to be hauled upwards.
"That's not good! That is not good!" Will screams and I don't think I've ever heard so much fear in his voice.
"What do you mean that's not good?" Four shouts back just as we make it halfway up the tunnel.
"It can jump!" his words send chills down my spine and Four's eyes snap to mine before both our eyes fall to the dark depths of the ocean that no doubt harbor a beast that is ready to pounce, quite literally. Suddenly no longer was I holding onto the rope but I was pulling myself up it with Four next t me. In a moment I was thankful Tori and Amar had trained us like soldiers and not like mere athletes.

"It's coming!" Christina's voice echoes through the tunnel and Four's hand finds mine and now we're no longer moving but gripping each other as the end comes near.

Except, it doesn't.

Marlene's POV

The large silhouette throws itself out of the water and upwards, going so fast the shark is almost a blur. Screams and cries echo from all around the cave as we watch in horror as it's jaws open to consume our two best friends. But right as its jaws open something flashes next to me and I see someone falling straight for it, Uriah is no longer standing next to me but diving into the depths of the tunnel and straight for the shark.

Something like a deranged cry escapes my lips as I see him fall, so much blood appears in my vision and I feel something like bile rising in my throat as Zeke's panicked cries sound around us. That's when the shark falls and Uriah with him.
"What did he do?" I find myself screaming.
"He stabbed the shark," Will whispers from next to me.
"He what!?" Zeke screams at Will.
"You all saw it! He jumped and stabbed the shark!" Will repeats.

Everyone quickly runs to the edge once more to see if it worked, and sure enough, Tris and Four are clinging to each other for their dear lives. Still alive.
"Where's my brother?" Zeke shouts and you can see the panic, not only in his eyes but his uncle's.
"Uriah!" Uncle Rico screams as the water at the bottom of the tunnel becomes a murky red.
"Oh no," Zeke chokes out while kneeling, "Oh God no!" he screams and just as he does a head pops up from under the water.

"I did it!" Uriah screams, "I just stabbed a shark!" No one says anything, everyone just stares.
"Did Uriah just..." Zane starts.
"Actually help?" Lynn finishes.
"No, he actually just saved Tris and Four's lives," I state.

"Uriah I'm going to kill you!" Zeke screams.

                                                                                                         +++