Chapter 28: Factionless

He laughs in my face once more.
"You're so stupid! It's right in front of you! You just don't know how to piece it together!" He shouts. That's when the chanting starts.
"FACTION-LESS FACTION-LESS"

I jerk awake from the same nightmare I've had for three days. A dream that my conscience is trying to speak through. Like I know something I just need to connect the dots.

Maybe then we can find Four.

Three days he's been missing, three days after I've woken up at least, which makes a total of five days. After the attack Four went missing without a trace, we checked the footage but it was wiped clean by the Factionless.

It's killing Amar almost as much as its killing me, maybe even the same. I can't tell anyone how devastated I am, but Amar can't go after him. At least not with a shot leg. He's been hobbling around on a crutch and it's been killing him not being able to save Four.

I check the hospital clock, 7:00. I wanted to leave but they said they would never send someone who got shot out after only a few days. But I guess today I get to go home.

And maybe, just maybe, I could put enough pieces together to find Four. I press the nurse button five times before nurses come running in in a panic. Normally I'm not rude but with Four being missing and being stuck in this hospital honestly I've been acting like a bitch.

"I want to go. NOW!" I yell angrily.
"Yes Miss Prior your parents signed you out yesterday so you could leave whenever today," the nurse replies. The only reason these people are putting up with me is because I'm a councilman's daughter and we pay lots of money.

I hop up and wince a little at the pain but nearly dart out. I zoom down the hallways desperate to get out of this smelly prison. I sigh when I see my car and leap in.

I start the car and swerve out of the parking lot. My mind is in a million different places at once trying to put everything together. I mentally put all the things that I know are important together.
1. Amar's warning about Four not being able to know something.
2. Four probably got taken or whatever happened to him because of it.
3. There's a piece I'm missing that's right in front of me.
4. Four has to survive.

Four's POV

"Hey!" I yell banging on the door once again. The guard swings the door open and I sit there with an innocent face.
"I have to pee," I smile like a five year old. The Factionless glares at me and leads me through the building that I've now memorized.

For the past five days every thirty minutes I would ask to go to the bathroom then I would memorize everything there was to know about the building.

How I got here is a really hazy memory. All I remember is screaming when I saw Tris' body lying on the floor. Dead. I saw the blood around her body and her lifeless eyes. Something that's been haunting my dreams. I felt a prick on my neck then woke up in a pretty nice prison, at least for a Factionless prison.

I thought they wanted a bargain or something or to capture Amar while he tries to rescue me. The enemies that man has made. But Amar hasn't come, or even tried and I'm starting to get worried if he's ok.

Once I reach the bathroom I stand there like I always do and look for some sort of weapon for the a millionth time. I don't even know why I try anymore. I feel like my whole life is shattering beneath me.

There's a loud banging on the door making me groan.
"Can you just hurry up we both know you don't have to go to the bathroom," the Factionless whines. That's when I get an idea.

"No," I state,"In fact, I think I'll sit in here for the next hour or so." I lean against the already locked door as I feel banging on it. I slide down and list the things I know so far.

1. They kidnapped me for God knows why.
2. They most likely don't want a ransom or they would've asked by now.
3. They haven't tried to hurt me lately and have taken good care of me so they need me.
4. I don't know what happened to my friends or if they're ok.
5. Amar may be hurt or in trouble.
6. Tris has to be alive.

Super short chapter 😁😁