Chapter 31: Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me

Four's POV

I feel like I'm the middle of a storm. The noise the lights flashing in my face. Except I'm not. People shout at me asking questions while Amar leads me through the police station. Flashes from a camera blind my eyes. I know Amar is about to explode at them any second like some time bomb.

I don't want to be here right now. I want to be back at Tori and Amar's house where Tris is recovering. It's all my fault that she blacked out. But you know when your supposed dead mother steps right in front of the car you're driving you're going to slam on the breaks!

I can't get the dead stare she gave me, just staring. Then I swerved around her straight for Amar's house. Ever since then paparazzi has been bugging me and my dad. He's 'handling' it well by lying to them of course, after all that's all he does to the press. He told them they asked for a ransom and then some police officers busted is out.

Of course he never mentioned that his dead wife kidnapped her son because she wanted a freakin army, or the fact that a bunch of high school girls went undercover and made a huge scene. No he tells them it was a quiet matter where no one got hurt and I'm 'dramatized' slightly.

Dramatize my ass! The only thing I'm upset about is Tris! Oh yeah and the fact that my dead mother is actually alive leading a rebellion and left me when I was six with my abusive father with two little sisters to protect.

"You need to tell me everything that happened," the Chief of Police says to me. In currently sitting next to Amar in the police station while rolling my eyes. It's Chicago people get kidnapped daily why is it so important to them that I did besides the paparazzi they shouldn't care!

I look at the police chief and study him. This is Shauna and Lynn's dad. I never really knew their back story exactly until Zeke and Shauna started dating. Zeke came over once and wouldn't stop ranting about what a bastard her father was for leaving at the worst time and never even getting to meet Hector.

I decided I really wanted to piss him off, cause you know that's just what I do.
"How's the wife?" I ask curiously. Amar takes in a sharp breathe and he knows exactly what I'm doing and I know he won't make an effort to stop me.

The Chief makes it immediately awkward and I smile.
"I ah I don't have a wife," he breathes. For an officer he's pretty stupid, especially a Chicago officer.

"To bad, were you married and she passed or just wasn't working out?" I ask.
"It wasn't work my out," he gives the best smile he can muster and it makes me want to punch him knowing what he did to their family.

"Anyways can you answer..."
"Kids?" I ask. He sighs and rolls his eyes.
"Yes," he says starting to get angry. Perfect.
"How many?"
"Two!" Ouch, sorry Hector.
"Are you sure?" I question.
"I think I would know how many children I have!" He shouts.

"Shauna, Lynn, and Hector," I say,"Those are your three children you left."
"I don't know who the hell you are but get the hell out of my office," he growls in my face.
"Oh I think you know exactly who I am," I say glowering at him. His eyes widen for a second then narrow,"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!!"

I hop up and leap out of his office. Not out of fear but out of amusement, time to go find my girl. I practically skip out of the station just to be greeted by ten photographers.

Amar follows as we hop in his car. I flash the photographers one of my famous grins and some stop and give me the 'what the hell?' look. I guess they're not used to their victims smiling in the photos.

"Why are you acting like a jackass?" Amar sighs once we're driving to his house.
"Ha if you thought I was being a jackass now you should've seen me at the Factionless," I say laughing.
"What did you do?" He complains.