Chapter 36: Bleeding Out

Tori's POV

I sprint down the hall shoot a guard between the eyes. Add that the people I killed today. Once I see the metal door I swiftly walk to it but before I can open the door someone else does. The next thing I see is stars.

George's POV

"She should be back," Owen says as we sit in a van outside of the tower of Pisa. We tracked Amar here once we got to Italy, then we got a call from Four saying someone had Tris because of Amar. The last time I saw Four that mad someone either tried to kiss his sisters or take his dauntless cake.

"Where are you sis?" I mumble tapping my toes to keep my nerves from exploding. Nothing's ever gone wrong on a mission and we've been doing this for at least a decade.

"There they are!" Kate yells pointing out the window. We all get up and look at Amar carrying an unconscious Tori through the door, walking out like nobodies trying to kill us.

He sees the van and heads straight for it popping open the back doors and resting Tori gently on the ground. He opens his mouth to speak but I interrupt.
"Get your ass in the damn van you son of bitch!" I yell with a small smirk on my face. He grins back and I pull him in the van.

Once he's barely in the van Kate hits the gas and we zoom off before the doors are even closed.
"What happened to Tori?" Was my first question looking at my unconscious twin sister.

"Um... I... really didn't know it was her... And it was kind of... Well instinct... To ah... Knock the first person out who I saw which just happened to be Tori," he explains.
"You knocked out my sister?" I question and he nods while lifting his eyebrows.

I grin,"Cool."
"We have more important matters," Clare says looking at me nervously. Shit Amar's gonna flip once we tell him what happened.

"Ok we ah need to tell you something," I start while we take a seat on the floor by Tori. Amar lifts her up and holds her in his arms clearly regretting what he did.

"You can't freak out though," that catches his attention. We always start like that when someone's been kidnapped. But hey, I'm just as pissed as he's about to be. Tris is my niece, and honestly I love her like a daughter.

"We got a call yesterday from Four saying that a man took Tris, and it was because of you." Amar's eyes seal shut as he tries to control his anger.
"Four obviously went after her and we haven'r heard a word since."

Amar's POV

They hurt my family. They will pay, they will freaking pay. I'll put them through hell. All of them till they beg for mercy, till they forget their own name. They will pay.

Tris POV

I watch as Four comes alone. Just like they wanted, hands behind his back, clearly unarmed. Two guards go up to him and they start talking that's when they pull out a bat and whack him right in the rib causing Four to lurch forward in pain.

I want to scream at him to stop, but the duck tape stops me and he wouldn't be able to hear me through the van anyways.
"Don't worry we'll make it quit comfortable for your little boyfriend," the driver smirks.

Four's POV

There was nothing I could do. I screamed and begged them to stop. To stop hurting her. They didn't even try to hurt me, they said if I was anything like my uncle physically hurting me wouldn't do anything. But they kept hitting her.

I could tell she tried not to scream, but sometimes she couldn't hold in the blood curling screams. She's covered in blood and the skin that's not covered is sickly white. She went unconscious three times, each time they injected her with something that would wake her up.

Then they would do it all over again. The man who's been torturing Tris walks over. His heavy boots click when they hit the ground giving him a heavy posture. His face is in an automatic scowl and his face is wrinkly with a scar down it and a white eye. Yet his other eye has a crazed look in it like a fruit fly is always buzzing around his head.

I sit in an old creaky chair, right across from Tris who's cuffed to the same type of chair. I've called Amar through my watch and haven't turned off the watch since which means he can hear her screams, and their question.

"STOP! PLEASE I DONT KNOW ANYTHING!" I scream.
The man just smiles and continues dragging the knife down her white and red side. I know she'll bleed out in around an hour if they stop now. If they continue, I don't know.

"LISTEN TO ME I WILL GIVE YOU ANYTHING! I WILL DO ANYTHING!" I scream but he continues. I close my eyes but this time hear her scream and my eyes snap open to a blade in her arm. Then he walks away he doesn't even take out the blade.

"Tris," I whisper,"Tris please wake up!"

Tris POV

I'm tired. I'm so tired. I'm so numb. I'm so bloody. My vision has blurred to red from blood streaming over my eyelashes. All I can focus on is my breathing. I feel like my chest is stone and won't move no matter what I do.

My throat is dry and swollen and so are my eyes. I've run out of tears and my voice is completely gone. I rest my head on my chest, I can't lift it up, and I'm afraid if I do I'll die. The only thing they haven't cut was my throat but it's so sore from screaming.

I close my eyes and take it all in. I've been trained for this. I say it over and over in my head. If I've been trained for this then why do I feel like I never thought this would happen to me. I hear a voice asking me to wake up. He tells me to hold on and stay strong. To breathe and that he loves me.

I find comfort in his words and use them as a safe haven. Those words are the only thing I'm holding onto right now. Darkness is all I see as my head spins. I try to open my eyes but I feel like my eyelashes are glued shut from the blood.

My head flings back as a knife goes straight through my abdomen and that's when I know it's the end.