Chapter 75: Old Enemies Return

"Are you sure I can't punch him?" Four growls towards Amar who rolls his eyes.
"Four you'll get kicked out," Amar sighs and glances over at his nephew who's been staying with him the last two weeks.
"Just a short jab to the nose?" Four begs and Amar shakes his head. I glance up from the bench and let my eyes travel up Four's body as his football jersey clings to his muscular figure, then they go travel to the player that Four wanted to beat the crap out of. The players short and small and I'm surprised he even plays football but he sure does have quiet the mouth hence why he's on Four's last nerve.

The girls and I all accompany Amar on the bench as cheer practice just finished and the boys scrimmage continues. Then for the first time in two weeks I see him walking across the field directly to Amar, he doesn't look at his son and I can tell by his rigid figure that he's actually slightly afraid. Amar catches up on what I'm looking at and tilts his head up slightly as a scowl forms on his face.

"Amar I want to talk with you and my son after practice about housing arrangements," he says so calmly I feel chills. No one else on the team except Amar and I understand what he's really saying, anyone else would just think that Four sleeps at whatever house he wants and they need to find a schedule. But I know better, I know that Marcus wasn't on vacation for two weeks but rather healing up from the beating he got from his son and hiding from the press.

"Really?" Amar snarls, "Cause I think it's just fine the way it is," soon the players on the bench begin to look up as they hear Amar's spiteful words.
"I at least think my daughters should come home I mean I miss them so much," Marcus growls back and I hear an unspoken threat in the words. He wouldn't beat Vic and CeCe would he? The two brothers stare at each other for what seems like an eternity and I swear nothing could get worse than the two most powerful people having a stare off, that is until Four walks into the picture.

The moment the father and son make eye contact it seems the world spins a little faster than it should and I begin to feel nauseous. They stare at each other with the same emotion swirling in their eyes that look identical, fear and authority dances in both of their faces and I begin to wonder who's going to strike first.

"I think it's time you come home," Marcus whispers so lowly that the only way I can hear it is because the entire bench goes deadly silent.
"No," Four's voice seems lower and sure giving him the authority as his eyes no longer have fear in them but anger and resentment.
"All right two laps as a cool down and you're done," Amar's voice rings through the sudden silence and soon the entire football including Four are jogging around the football field.

"Ending practice a little early are we now?" Marcus sneers at Amar, "I don't want my players slacking," he continues off.
"I have a prior arrangement to attend to," Amar bites back and the girls and I are left watching the rest of it unfold.
"Oh yeah? And what would that be?" Marcus heaves out in anger.
"Being the father you couldn't be," and with that Marcus is left standing dumbfounded as Amar struts off the field.

After maybe a minute of awkward silence the girls all start to stand up to leave, Shauna being the first. Her and Lynn of all people know what it's like to be raised without a father. When they were little their dad left them because their mom had been diagnosed with cancer and shortly after he left she died leaving them with their grandparents.

"Beatrice," Marcus says so quietly only I catch it, "Stay behind." Reluctantly I stop and watch as the girls leave in silence not knowing that I've been called to stay behind. Right as the girls make it halfway to the field I suddenly feel my heart beat in my ears and the memory of Marcus's hands wrapping around my neck flashes before my mind.

Turning to Marcus I send a spitefilled glare and keep my head held high as his eyes penatrate my own.
"I would like you to know that you have no position in my family," his soft and cautious voice leaves and is replaced by one of pure anger and power but I refuse to bend, not for my own good but for Four's.
"And neither do you," I bite back and his eyes widen as his nostrils flare but I only stare at his fuming figure.
"Just cause you're my son's slut doesn't mean you get to come in and act like you've been apart of my family your whole life..." Marcus growls before I cut him short.