Chapter 33: The Bittersweet Truth

One week. One week and not one of my friends has talked to me. At school nobody talks. We sit at the lunch table and do nothing. They won't even make eye contact with me. It's like I don't even exist anymore or never have.

I drive as fast as I possibly can to Tori and Amar's house. I just want to be by someone who actually loves me! A.K.A Tori and Amar. I'll probably end up sleeping over at their house anyways and I already have clothes there so it's not that big of a deal.

Plus Four is taking me out on a date cause it's Friday. Every Friday night Four takes me out on a date. I think it's really romantic but feel really bad cause he's the one doing all the work.

I swerve into their driveway, an old trick Amar taught me. Once I hop out I'm glad to see Four's car parked in the garage as I leap into the mud room to be greeted by three gigantic wolf dogs.

"AMAR TORI!" I shout but there's no answer. I walk into the kitchen to see one of the strangest things. Four is literally drowning himself in whip cream.
"Four?" I ask and his head whips up with eyes wide.
"Oh good it's just you," he says and squirts more whipped cream into his mouth.

"Just me?" I question,"And Amar and Tori are going to kill you for eating this much junk food it's soccer season!"
He looks up and smirks. Oh I get it.
"Hand me the whipped cream!" I say but he just squirts it in my mouth instead.
"They're not supposed to be home for another hour so we can eat as much as we want until then," he informs me as he takes out some juice.

"No no no," I say,"Only take items that aren't see through, that way when they look in their fridge they won't be able to tell we are eating all their food!"
He points at me and smirks,"INGENIOUS!" Then grabs orange juice and jugs the whole thing.

"COCO PUFFS!" I yell as I dump them in my mouth.
"TRIS YOU LIKE CANDY?" Four shouts from inside the cupboard.
"DUH!" He comes out with bags of candy and we rip them open and throw them in our mouths.
"YUMMYYYYY!!!!"

"CAKE!"
"OREOS!"
"PASTA"
"PIZZA!"

"SOCCER!"

"SOCCER!" We both repeat happily.
"Wait soccer?" We both look at each other and our eyes widen. We slowly turn our head towards the source of the voice.

Amar and Tori both stand with their arms crossed glowering at us.
"I thought you weren't supposed to be home for another hour?" Four whimpers. Amar raises his eyebrows and nods towards the clock, 5:30. Crap we've been eating for an hour.

"Welllllllll, how about that date Tris?" Four asks.
"Sounds good," and we sprint up the stairs to get ready just as Amar screams our names.

I throw on my light leather jacket and hop down the stairs. Ugh I've been looking forward to this all week. I see Four and he smirks and puts on a questioning look.
"Leather pants darling?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"What you don't want to be seen with a badass?" I smirk.
"Oh please you're the one who decided to date the player you goody two shoes. Those leather pants aren't fooling anyone," he smirks opening the car door for.
"Ouch. But the last time I checked players don't open doors for goody two shoes," I slip in the car and put my feet up which makes him chuckle.

"What?" I ask.
"You're so adorable."
"Am not!"
"Awwww you're cute when you're mad," he says in a baby voice.
"Shut up," I whine.

After a moment or two I realize we're driving to the heart of Chicago.
"Where to number boy?" I tease.
"The movies, we are going to see The Boy," he smirks.
"You're a mean person," I pout.
"Hey if you're such a badass then you should be able to handle a whittle scary movie, right?" He teases as we pull up to the theaters.

We walk in talking and giggling as we get in line for the movie. That's when I spot Shauna. At least I think, all I see is dirty blonde hair that flows in soft curls to the middle of a tall teens back. That's when I see an even taller boy with chocolate skin trod over to her. I see half his face and know it's Zeke. He has a smile on his face as he hands Shauna a soda. She turns to him smiles and places a kiss on his lips as they walk arm in arm.

I elbow Four in the gut causing him to frown down at me. I nod my head in their direction as we walk towards the popcorn.
"They're going to see The Boy," Four days then points to where they entered.

"Let's leave," I say hiding a little behind him.
"What? I thought you were going to be tough and badass, come on Tris the theatre's dark anyway," Four encourages. Yeah I know I'm going to lose if I go or if I leave so I'd rather risk bumping into Zeke or Shauna than having Four tease me the next couple dates.

"Fine," I grumble as we walk into the theatre. And yes it was very very dark, especially with the trailer. We walk up to the back and take a seat in the middle, best seat in the house!

"Excuse me sir," a guy says as he scoots past and sits one seat away from us. My eyes slowly widen as I realize who that was. My head whips around to look at Four who is staring at me with the same expression. We slowly turn our heads to look at the happy couple. A.K.A. ZEKE AND SHAUNA!!!

"I told you we should have left!" I whisper/yell.
"Don't worry we can just move!" Four says standing up.
"No! That would make it obvious. What would you think if someone next to you just got up and sat somewhere else? That would make them look at us long enough to notice us and that would not look very good that we're walking away from them!" I reason quickly.

"Ok then dial it down a notch," he scolds,"Cause I want to enjoy my date," he rests his arm over my shoulder and I snuggle into him.

"But I have to pee!" We hear Zeke whisper halfway through the movie.
"No!" Shauna whines,"This is the best part!"
"You're just saying that cause you're to scared to be in the movie theatre alone!" Zeke says standing up.

"That's not true!" She pulls him back down.
"You have this lovely couple to keep you company, see?" He says pointing to us as we both hide our faces.
"Hey what's your name?" Zeke asks me. Crap crap crap.

"Um, um, ah, well," I squeak with wide eyes.
"Ok? So you don't have a name, what about you?" Zeke asks Four.
"Hm?" Four asks staring at the screen.
"What's your name?"
"Mi no ingles," Four says.
"Then why did you come to a movie that's in English?" Shauna asks.
"Que?" Four asks.

"Never mind," they both sigh and so do we.
"If you don't let me go pee, I will pee in this seat!" Zeke exclaims.
"Fine," she mumbles as he walks away.

Then Shauna moves to to the seat next to us.
"Sorry this part always scares me," she whispers as we watch the screen cautiously.
"So how long have you and Mr. Espaniol been dating?" She asks casually.

I just shrug in response.
"You remind me of one of my friends," she rests back in her chair and eyes me suspiciously.
"Shhhh estoy tratando de disfrutar de la película," Four buds in obviously trying to save me from getting figured out.

"Oh shut up Quatro!" Shauna says sounding like Lynn. Both our heads snap in her direction.
"You guys, I'm not that stupid, we saw you walk in," she explains.
"Plus torturing you guys like that is just the beginning of our revenge plot."