Chapter 12: Revenge of the Ex

"Click." I open my eyes. What was that? "Click." I here it again.
"Tris." I hear a low harsh whisper. I get up and look out my window. There Four is standing.

I quickly open my window and look out.
"Tris come out." He says.
"Are you insane, no!" I whisper/yell back.
"Fine if your not coming out, I'm coming in."

He grabs the tree and hoists himself up. Then he jumps and surprisingly makes it in my room.
"Four what are you doing?" I ask angrily.

"I want to get revenge." He says and I know exactly what he's talking about.
"But Four it's midnight what if my parents wake up or his parents I just, don't think it's the best idea." I say.
"Well I do and I know I think a lot of bad ideas, but I know this is a good one." He says then chuckles,"Don't worry."

"I'll leave you here to change." He says then hops out of the window like its nothing. I take a deep breathe and hurry to the bathroom.

I quickly take out my hair and do a French braid, then put on little makeup and change out of my shorts and long t-shirt and put on black pants with a red shirt over it. I walk out quickly look at myself one more time in the mirror and smile. I don't know why I'm dressing like this in front of him.

I hop out of the window also and land on my feet.
"You ready?" He asks
"Hell yeah." I say and we run into his car across the lawn. He swerves out of his driveway without making a sound.

His zooms to the front gate and presses the button to open it and they open and we zoom out and I watch as they close again.

"Where are we going?" I ask,"Jesse house is that way." I say pointing in the other direction.
"First we need to pick up a few things." He says smirking.
"But all the stores are closed." I say confused. "All but one." He laughs as we pull into a 24/7 gas station.

We get out of his car and walk in while the lady at the counters head flings up from the nap she was taking. When she sees us she glares because we woke her up.

Four goes to the food section and grabs us some snacks, then to the coffee and gets us coffee. Then he does something that surprises me and the cashier lady. He grabs about 7 boxes of saran wrap. Then he puts all our stuff on the counter.

"You may be want to start checking out now, we could be here a while." He says with a smirk.
"Come on Tris you want revenge or what?"
I hurry by his side and he gives me a list of things to grab.

I grab an airhorn, spray paint, camera, duck tape, 20 cases of tacks, bucket of black paint, sharpie, shaver, night crawlers, fire crackers, creepy dolls, fake giant spiders, a hammer, and scissors.

When I finish I chug my coffee and we run back to the car.

"So what's the plan?" I ask Four as we get in the car. Four just grins and starts the car. He goes 20 over the speed limit and parks a block from Jesse's house.

He gets out and grabs the stuff.
"Come on we're going to saran wrap his car first." Four says and we run to his house.

When we get there he tosses me the Saran Wrap and we Saran Wrap his whole car. At the end all I can do is grin, I have so many memories with this car. He did just get his license but this was his dad's car before and my first kiss was in this car.

"What's wrong?" Four asks. I look up and realize I was drowning at the memory.
"Nothing just a memory." I say.

"Come on his windows are open lets go." Four says and we run into his backyard.
"The plan is once we're done we're going to jump from his roof to the pool got it?" Four says.
"Sure." I reply still trying to process what the heck we're doing.

We sneak in his pool area and start climbing to get to his window. Four pulls me up and we sneak into his room. Once I see him I feel faint.

"Razor." Four says and holds out his hand. I put the razor in his hand and he carefully puts the razor over one eyebrow and shaves it off leaving the other eyebrow alone.

Then Four grabs and can of spray paint and hands me the other. I grin. He writes something that I can't read at first on the wall with black spray paint. Then I see he wrote "Tris" and couldn't help but smiling.
"Mark the whole wall with your name." He says and we get to work.

We dump all the tacks on the floor and the whole wall is covered in "Tris'". Then we dump all the black paint all over his room.

Four tosses me some scissors. "I know you've always wanted to do it." He says and gestures to Jesse, still sleeping soundly unaware of anything going on. I walk to him without stepping on a tack and take his hair and cut it unevenly and then write ASS on his forehead in permanent marker.

Then I take the night crawlers and dump them on him and the fake spiders in his bed. Then I take the creepy dolls and place them all over his room.

"Are you ready to wake him up?" Four asks.
"How are we going to do that?" I ask.
"Here throw these at his chest when I blow the horn." Four says handing me fire crackers.

I nod and Four turns on the video camera and the airhorn.
I plug my ears and Four blows the airhorn right Jesse's ear and Jesse flings up and I chuck ten fire crackers at his chest. He screams in pain and I take the hammer and start smashing things.

Four jumps to the windowsill and grabs me so I don't step on a tack still recording and Jesse jumps out of bed and screams in pain cause of the tacks then falls to his knees and screams in more pain.

Four turns off the camera and jumps into the pool and I follow him. Suddenly I'm engulfed in water and swim to the top.

We jump out of the pool and over the fence.
"YOU MOTHERFU..." Jesse shouts in the distance.
"He jumped!" Four says and stops to turn around.
"Duck tape." Four says and I hand him the duck tape as Jesse gets out of the pool and races toward us.

Four charges him and kicks his leg knocking him down then duck tapes his legs and arms together. Then covers his mouth and picks him up. He carries him to his car and Jesse screams through the duck tape at the site of his car.

Four takes the duck tape and tapes him to the car. Then we hear sirens. Shit his parents must've called the police.
Four and I exchange a freaked look and sprint to his car.

He zooms off and we get to our neighborhood and the sirens fade. We park in Fours driving and sit there for a minute. Then just start cracking up so loudly I'm surprised we didn't wake up the whole neighborhood.

"Come on." Four says still laughing a little still.
We sneak upstairs to his room and he goes to the kitchen to get something. I sit on his bed and look at all his trophies.

Soccer, football, baseball, and basketball, even a bowling trophy all state champions. Then Four walks in with two slices of deep dish pizza. Four and I talk for 3 hours about basically everything and then realize it's 4:00 in the morning.

"So Amar isn't actually your blood related uncle?" I ask Four.
"Nope," Four says,"My grandma died in childbirth to my dad and then my grandpa got married to my step grandma who sadly passed away." Four explains.
"So Amar is like your have uncle?" I ask.
"Yup."
"Cause you both look a like, with the same stupid smile," I tease.

Suddenly Four gets a message.
"Who's texting you at 4:00 in the morning?" I ask.
"Zeke, he says we have to see something at his house." Four says then gets up.

Time Lapse

I don't know what I'm looking at.

Uriah is asleep baking dauntless cake.
"Wow Dauntless cake has really got into his head." Four says. Then Uriah suddenly starts screaming and runs up to Four and pants him then pants Zeke then screams and runs into a wall.

We all just sit there staring until the cake is done. Uriah casually gets up and takes out the cake. Then Uriah chucks the cake on the ground and starts eating it like an animal then Four and Zeke jump in to join him.

"Why the hell am I friends with these people." I mutter.