Chapter 23: New Years Resolution

Today is New Years Eve. I'm going to head over to Marlene's house at 9:30 for the ball drop. My new wolf dog puppy, Kaya, is the best present I ever got. Sadly I haven't seen Four since then.

I've been spending time with the girls and they have been obsessing over Kaya. Nobody questioned me when I told them it was from a secret Santa. They all just thought it was a random secret admirer, which honestly I didn't mind.

I just got out of the shower and got dressed into pajamas. I guess I'll just go in that. I pick up Kaya and lay her gently on my bed as she gnaws at my fingers. Four told me she was 1 month old and was a rescue.

Nine thirty, time to go. Just as I'm about to leave my room there's banging on my window. I whip around in alert and see Four sitting on the ledge asking to come in. I run over and slide the window open.

"What are you doing?" I ask and I can't mask the excitement in seeing him again.
"Grab your swimsuit," he says bouncing on his heals.
"What?"
"Just come with me," he starts to get slightly impatient but I can tell it's cause he's excited.

"I can't I'm going to..."
"They coming to," he interrupts.
"Where?" Before he can answer he jumps out my window into the cold night.

Where could I be going in a swimsuit on New Years Eve. Nevertheless I grab my cutest suit and throw my clothes over it. I look back at my room. What if my parents come in and don't know where I am. Hopefully they'll think I'm at Christina's.

I follow Four and climb down my window. Once I get out I see Four's new car and my jaw drops. He's standing by it smirking.
"It's my late Christmas present from Amar."

"You better stop smirking that's the smirk that made me hate you," I say grinning and peck him on the lips.

We slide in and he drives faster than normal, which is pretty fast.
"Why are you going 15 over the speed limit, I don't want to die before the new year," I comment holding on to the car.

"That's why," he says as Zeke pulls up on the road next to us.
"We were the farthest from the meeting place," he says. I look at Zeke's car and Shauna is in it and she waves like crazy to me and I wave back laughing.

Soon I see all the guys cars driving in a pack to God knows where.
"So where are you taking us?" I ask.
"You'll see," he smirks. I watch the city turn into blurs of light. There's practically no traffic.

Soon the city is gone and I'm left wondering where in the world are we going? I see a tall hill, almost a mountain.
"Is that where we're going?" I ask as we drive towards it.
"Wow Tris you really are smart no wonder why you got in to DH," he says while sarcasm dripping from his lips.

"Shut up," I laugh. Soon we're halfway up the huge hill.
"This is called Amar Hill," Four says, "Amar was named after it if you didn't catch on, it means Love in Spanish so people say it's the Love Hill."

I blush while he says that, I can't believe he would take me here. Them I feel a little stab of pain, how many girls has he taken here? I want to ask him but I don't want to sound mad.

"You alright?" He asks and that's when I realize the car stopped.
"So why did we need to bring swimsuits?" I ask trying to change the subject. His worried face turns into immediate excitement.

"Like I said since Amar was named after this hill, he would come here with his friends, he said he wanted our generation of friends to come here," that's all he tells me as he gets out of the car.

I hop out also and follow the glowing area on the top of the hill. That's when my eyes widen at the giant pool.
"It's heated but I wouldn't suggest rolling in the snow afterward." Four says.