Chapter 82: Circles

Christina's POV

"Can we please turn back now?" Uriah begs as his feet drag along the path with the rest of us. Uncle Rico, who stands maybe ten feet ahead of us, finally stops.
"Oh stop being such a wuss we've got another fifty feet till we're on the top," he turns around as he says this and motions to the head of the large mountain that we've spent the past day tretching on.

Uncle Rico's eyes sweep over our heaving figures, most of us haven't spoken in thirty minutes due to the fact that we didn't have enough energy. Suddenly his eyebrows furrow together in confusion making him look even older than he is.
"Where's Four and Tris?" his voice rises slightly in panic.
"They're--" Zeke starts but once he turns around he notices there absense along with the rest of us.

"I though they were behind us," I voice with concern etched into my words.
"So did I," Uncle Rico mutters while walking back down the trail.
"Four!" he shouts, "Tris!" No answer.
"They'll be alright through, right?" Will asks from next to me. Uncle Rico doesn't asnwer at first, then he turns to face us with a new look on his face, fear.
"As long as they stayed on the trail, I just hope they didn't stop following us too long ago because by the time we get to them it'll be dark," he starts trecking down a lot faster than before.

We all follow in a new type of silence. Adrenaline seems to run through all of us and Uncle Rico's reaction seems to add tension to the humid air around us. If he's afraid for them, then we have a problem. The sun gets lower and lower on the horizon, barely touching the tips of the monsterous trees as our boots follow the inclined hill downwards to where we hope our friends are.

Tris POV

Four's body tumbles down along with the loose rocks that slipped from underneath him. Muiltiple splashes and waves engulf me in the darkness until finally I hear Four gasping for air next to me.
"Four? Four!" I exclaim while reaching out for him in the darkness. His flashlight flickers off as it falls into the depths of the ocean underneath us.

"I'm right here," his voice calms me as his hand finds my shoulder and soon we're gripping onto each other in the darkness. My heart thuds harshly against my rib cage as I realize we're in a giant hole in the ocean that goes God knows how deep with possible cannibals above us as well as no way to get help.

"Four," I state stiffly, "We're going to die."
"We're not going to die, we're going to be fine. We just need--" he hesitates.
"We need help, and unless the cannibals have some rope and good hearts then we're stuck down here," I hiss.
"Ok we don't know if that was a cannibal for sure," he suggests.
"It bit my shoulder!" I exclaim.
"It what?"
"It bit my shoulder," I repeat and he's silent for a moment.
"You're definately getting rabies shots when we get out of here," Four states.
"If we get out of here," I correct.
"When we get out, and we will, trust me," he reassures and I begin to wonder when he became the optimistic one in the relationship.

"Wait," I pause for a moment, "You shot the Cannibal right?"
"Yes," Four states sternly.
"And he fell with me," I nod.
"Yes?" Four starts to sound more confused.
"Then where is his body?" I question. I may not know for sure but I'm pretty positive dead bodies float.

"I'm going to let go of you ok?" Four says to me.
"Alright," and the second he does the two of us swim and scope out the small and dark cave we're in. I quickly find out that the hole is almost exactly the same width and length it is at the top, I also find that the Cannibals body is missing.
"Did you find anything?" I question Four once we're holding onto each other, and the cave wall, once more.

"No, he's gone," Four sighs in defeat.
"So what exactly does that mean?" I quesion, already knowing the answer.
"That means his blood must've attracted something around us," he answers, "And that something must've taken him."
"And what about our blood?" the words barely escape my mouth.
"We're going to get out of here," Four states firmly.
"Or we're going to get eaten alive by a shark!" I exclaim loudly, the words echoing in the tunnel.

As my words echo, another sound fills the cave, a sounding of rocks falling and crashing onto harder rock.
"Aw shit Uncle Rico are you ok?" Zeke's voice fills the cave.
"Zeke!" Four's voice shrieks and soon I'm shouting his name as well.
"Four? Tris?" Uncle Rico questions then the sound of even more rocks crashing down fills the cave.
"Uriah I told you to stand back!" Uncle Rico shouts in the darkness.
"My foot hurts!" I hear Uriah respond.

"Guys be careful there are cannibals here!" I scream at the top of my lungs. We don't hear their response but I can definitely guess that they just found the bones.
"I'm going to have to agree with you on this one Tris!" Uncle Rico's stiff voice responds.
"Now where the hell are you guys?" he questions.
"We're in a hole but be careful the rocks are loose around it!" Four responds and I feel the current beneath us shift.

"Did you feel that?" I whisper and he's silent for a moment.
"Yeah," I feel his breath on my face as he holds me close to him. Once more the water around us moves but this time it pulls us with it and we're pulled away from the wall.
"What the hell?" I breathe as the current begins to spin.
"I think it's circling us," Four's voice whispers and I feel him pull me towards the wall again so we don't get trapped in the strong current once more.

"Four! Tris!" Will's voice echos closer to us, "We're coming guys!" The sound of Will's voice immediately puts me at ease for a moment as I realize our fate doesn't lie only in the hands of three Pedrads. Light streams into the dark tunnel that Four and I remain trapped in and I can barely make out the silhoutte of four people and a few more peaking their heads behind the other's shoulders.
"Holy shit!" Zane shouts at the top of his lungs.
"Tris!" Christina screams at me, "No matter what you do, don't look down!"

The second the words leave her mouth, I look down.

Will's POV

All our eyes remain on the giant fish circling Four and Tris. It's thick body almost over half the length of the tunnel, it's tale long and sharp and its body nearly fifteen feet long. It disappears from our sight and swims back into the depths, it's only a second before it reappears and Tris lays eyes on the monster swimming beneath her.

That's when she lets out an ear piercing scream that shakes the very fabric of everything inside of the cave and the cave itself.
"Holy mother--!" she screams but before she can finish the shark dips upwards and it's fin breaks the surface of the water and we all let out horrified screams as it charges Four and Tris.

When the shark is almost three feet away it dips under again and almost drags both Four and Tris underneath the water with the sheer strength of the current.
"Uncle Rico!" Four screams as Tris lets out a shriek.
"We're coming just hold on!" Uncle Rico shouts back.
"Zeke, Uriah, grab the rope and throw it down, tie it to that rock over there and make sure it's sturdy," Uncle Rico commands and the two brothers are quick to obey.

"Will," he turns to me, "Give me facts on this thing." Glancing down at the large shark once more my eyes narrow in on the dark color that's either blue or black along with the distinct white lines cutting through it's skin. Quickly I begin to recite everything I know on what is suppose to be an instinct breed.
"It can jump!?" Uncle Rico exclaims.
"Yeah, up to twenty feet. It goes about fifty to one hundred feet under then charges upwards," I repeat.

"We need to get them out of there now!" he exclaims.

Today's my last day of being fifteen guys! Actually right now it's 11:57 so I actually have three  minutes left. I'm sorry for such a short chapter but I promise I'll update soon with a longer chapter! I love you guys! xoxoxo