Chapter 78: He Wants His Claws on You

"No," a stern voice commands from behind me making my head whip around. I didn't even get to ask Nita any questions on who this guy was but by the look on my mother's face I know he can't be good. My father stands behind her with a stricken face of anger while my mother harbors something much deeper in her eyes.
"Nita I'm going to have to ask you to leave this house and never mention his name around my daughter again," my mother storms towards the door, slamming it in Nita's face.

"Mom―" I start when she abruptly interrupts me.
"You're going on that trip," she glances back at my father as he suddenly wears a defeated look but a knowing one as well.
"Wait who's David Anthony? And does he have anything to do with why you're  suddenly letting me go?" I begin to bombard my mother with questions as she heads back into the kitchen with Four and I on her trail.

"David is none of your concern," my mother's tone is final but I won't let her suddenly drop something that has to do with me. I mean he sent Nita to get Four and I that means he wants us for something and I fully intend to find out why.
"Mom who is he?" I ask again and she quickly turns to me as her face gives away her emotions.
"Beatrice, you have to listen to me. David is an immensely self-centered man and a liar who doesn't have an issue with putting others in danger for his own need to satisfy his curiousity. Promise Beatrice and I mean it, that if you hear anything about him you will walk away," my mother rambles quickly as her anger seeps out of her.
"Ok I promise but why does he want Four and I?" I glance back at Four who wears the same confused face as I do.

"Who knows," my mother rolls her eyes, "David sometimes asks for DH students and since you two are at the very top of the school sports wise and academic wise it's no surprise he wants to get his claws on you."
"Claws? What is he Satan?" I question as my mother is never this rash or rude.
"Not far from it," she mutters mostly to herself.

"Well," she sighs looking between Four and I, "I suggest you two get packing cause you're leaving in a week."

                                                                                               +++

"Christina I don't need twenty bottles of lotion," I point out, "I already have like 5 carry-ons I don't need anymore full of useless crap."
"Lotion is not useless crap your skin is going to get dry cause of the sun and the ocean you don't want to come home looking like my grandma after pool day now do you?" Christina crosses her arms.

Rolling my eyes I turn away from her and look back at my large suitcase that Shauna is currently sitting.
"You know can't we just buy clothes there or something? I'm sure that'd be less work that literally bringing my entire wardrobe?" I question and Shauna's head snaps up from her phone to look at me.
"Oh we're buying clothes there, this should just cover the first few days," with that she leaps up and strolls nonchalantly out the door. As my gaze follows her I lock eyes with Four who's leaning on my doorframe, a humorous glint in his eyes.

"Christina Will's trying to limit your shoe bag downstairs," Four voices and Christina's head violently snaps upward from forcing my suitcase shut.
"That little..." Christina mutters as she storms past Four and soon we hear the sound of her pattering feet sprinting down the stairs.
"Poor Will," I laugh as Four waltzes into my room.

"Yeah especially since I kind of made that up just to get her out of your room," Four confesses lightly as he scratches the back of his head.
"Four!" I scold and slap his chest lightly as he hovers over me.
"What? I wanted to be with you," he whines like a child while wrapping his arms tightly around me.

We sit like this for almost a full minute as I take in his metallic scent and soft sweater, something he won't be needing for another week.
"Are you excited?" he finally mutters into my hair after a long moment.
"Yeah," I murmur almost unsure of my own answer. He pulls back and places a hang gently on my chin.
"What's on your mind Tris?" he questions softly and I step back from him to look into his eyes.