Chapter 45: With My Bare Hands

Old cover^^^

It's Peter.

No! That's impossible. These arms that hold me can't be Peter! He grins down at me with a sadistic smile.

I scream at the top of my lungs but I can't get out of his iron arms. I scream for Four, praying that he decided to stay home today.

"Tris!" Peter shouts at me, except it's not his voice, it's Four's.

Four's POV

She's screaming, she's screaming my name. Just moments ago she was fine, but now she screams. She screams for me.

"Tris!" I shake her trying to wake her up. She continues to scream until she abruptly stops. For a second I thought she might have woken up then she starts to squirm in my grasp.

"Tris," I usher. Then she finally opens her eyes, screaming my name. Once her eyes meet mine I feel lost in another world and I can tell she feels the same way. It's almost like she completely forgot about her nightmare.

Soon tears brim her eyes and she throws her arms around me sobbing.
"What was it about angel?" I coo. She just shakes her head, I should've known she wouldn't tell.

Soon I just hold her in my arms as she slowly calms down.
"Why are you here?" Her tiny voice asks. I smile a little and hold her closer, "I decided to skip school and come over to your house for a while. I carried you to the couch cause I couldn't fit in your bed with you," I sheepishly smile.

She just smiles and wraps her arms around my torso.
"Sleep," I whisper in her ear, "I'll fight the nightmares."
"With what?" She replies.
"Well with my bare hands obviously," I grin.

I feel her smile against my chest as her breathing evens. I turn the tv on and put the volume on one. Flipping through the channels I decide to watch the news to see what going on in Chicago cause it seems like something is always going on.

What I see didn't really shock me, a few people were found dead on shore of a local lake, I think they were some gang members who were at war with another gang.
The thing that caught my eye though was the names.
Tobias Johnson
Ezekiel Diane
William Carter

It also said that they were from different gangs and had no reason to be with each other, or dead. Then my detective gene started to kick in and I was sensing a pattern.

Mr. Green was found dead when Shauna and Zeke had their first kiss.
The note at Tris's birthday party about three couples and three bodies.
When Tris woke up and we started to grow in our relationship, three guys appear dead with the same names as us.

Every time something romantic happens, someone dies.

My thoughts are interrupted by Tris wiggling in my arms. Her breathing quickens and I know she's having another nightmare.
"Tris," I whisper and her eyes slowly open. She looks a little disoriented and even more tired than before.

"The Amity have a medicine for nightmares, we should go get you some of that," I say lifting her up.
"I'm not allowed to go to school though," she says still halfway asleep.
"Don't worry it's just a...'visit' you could say," I reply handing her my sweatshirt to wear over her pajamas. Luckily she's in leggings and my black sweatshirt so she doesn't look to bad I guess.

"I look like a hobo," she comments looking her reflection in the window.
"Well on the bright side you look like a hot hobo," I hug her from behind and kiss her head. She wraps her arms around mine and we sit there for a moment.

Every time I see her I'm so happy she's awake. It's like when you lose something and realize how much you need it, and you look everywhere for it but still can't find it. Eventually you would just give up, and once you finally find it in the place you never expected it to be, you promise yourself you'll never loose it again. Well I promise myself I'll never lose her again.