Chapter 14: The BIG Game

Tris POV

I don't remember what happened Friday night. All I remember is when I woke up from the peace serum everyone was acting all weird.

I asked Christina what happened and she says that she was put on peace serum to so she doesn't remember what happened but I doubt that.

I keep asking all the girls and they just say I acted drunk. Four doesn't remember anything either cause apparently he was on truth serum. Boy would I have liked to know what he said.

Fours POV

I don't remember a fricken thing that I said. And the worst part is no one will tell me! Zeke says I didn't say anything about my dad which is good but I really don't have any other secrets that they wouldn't tell me.

Other than that we have a pretty big game tonight. It's against the rival of Divergent High, the Madison Mayhems. We won by a sliver every year and every year they say they'll beat us.

I pack all of my football stuff and put on my jersey, something the whole football team does on a game day. I of course got number four.

I walk out the door and hop in my car, all of my friends are getting there cars now, after a couple tries Zeke got it, same with Zane, Shauna, Will, and Christina. The only people who don't drive yet is,Uriah, Lynn, and Tris.

When I get to school I see our gang fighting already. Lynn is yelling at Zeke for something causing everyone to scream at each other.

I swivel into a spot right next to them causing them to all jump back and shut up. I get out smirking,"You can't start fighting without me." I say taking off my shades.

"Don't worry we saved plenty just for you." I hear Tris say and she goes through the crowds and punches me right in the face.
"WHY DID I DESERVE THAT!?" I shout.

"That's what you get for telling the whole school we're a couple!" She shouts at me and I stand there in shock. Before I can respond I here Nita.

"YOU!" She screams at Tris.
"You stole my man!" She yells and runs toward Tris and tackles her.
"WOAH WOAH WOAH!" I shout and pull Nita off Tris just to have Nita cling to me and smile creepily.

"AH!" I say and drop Nita and run behind Zeke.
"I'm gonna..!" She shouts at Tris before Lynn steps in front of her. Lynn cracks her knuckles and smiles something from a horror movie causing Nita to scream and run.

"Thanks." I hear Tris mutter to Lynn.
"This is all your fault!" Lynn shouts to Four.
"I didn't spread anything, I mean come on think about how it would affect me, I'm a player I don't "date"." I say. The girls seem to think about it for a while and come to a conclusion without even talking.

"Then who did?" Tris asks. I sigh and think for a moment. It clearly wasn't Nita, Lauren wouldn't do that to Tris, none of us, then who?

Uriah slaps his face as if the answer is obvious.
"Jesse." He sighs.
"Jesse!" I growl.
"I thought we taught that boy a lesson."

Then suddenly the entire football team is surrounding me asking about Tris.
"NO! NO!" I start shouting which causes them all to shut up.

"We are not a thing, we hate each other! Whoever spread those rumors is a jackass!" I say which is true and storm away.

I go to my first class early which just happens to be advanced math with Tris. Our assigned seatings are next to each other and we're the only ones in the room.

Then a random girl I've seen a couple times comes in and laughs,"Oh I'm sorry am I interrupting something?" She says making the girl next to her laugh.