Chapter 80: Creepy Text from a Creepy Person

"Here we go!" Tobias shouts and hurls himself off of the cliff and into the large lake. I watch as his figure becomes engulfed by the dark blue water then his small head to pop up and swim for shore which is barely twenty feet away.
"I can't believe you just did that!" I scream at him.
"Neither can I!" he shouts back and I begin to wonder if he'll have to change his name to three now due to the fact he did just jump off a fifty foot cliff into a large lake.

"Three, two, one!" I shout to myself and fling my body forward while straightening my it out to plummet into the water like a bullet. I open my eyes in the dark water to see the sunlight stream through the water and touch it's depths. Realizing how far I've dropped I push my body upwards as fast as I can until my head pops up and I gasp for air.
"Gosh Tris don't scare me like that," Tobias gasps from right next to me.
"Oh please I was barely even under," I grin while lacing my arms around his neck as he puts his hands on my bare sides.

It's funny to think we landed in Costa Rica less than twelve hours ago and Tobias and I already decided to go adventuring. Everyone else decided to stay home and rest while Zeke's and Uriah's uncle, Uncle Rico as we're supposed to call him, pointed us in the direction of the best waterfall.
"It's amazing here," I smile and he gives me a soft smile.
"It really is isn't it?" he nods and then leans in and places a long gentle kiss on my lips as we remain peddling in the water.

"I'm happy we got away from it all," I sigh while shaking my head.
"Gosh so am I," Tobias nods.
"Tobias do you think that David is really out to get us?" I question softly and he remains silent for a moment.
"In all honestly no, I don't think he's after us, I think he's after you, and that you need to listen to what your mom says and stay away from him, he's trouble and I know that even you know it," Tobias speaks softly and I nod.
"You're right, and now that we established it, I solemnly swear I'm done talking about it, at least during the trip," I grin and so does he.
"Thank the lord," he teases and I only grin while placing a gently kiss on his lips the same way he did to me earlier.

"I wish life was always like this," I hold onto him as he carries both of us to shore and soon we're laying on the soft sand in the middle of the rainforest.
"Me too," he sighs while wrapping his arm around me and pulling me to his bare chest.
"We wouldn't have to worry about school, sports, David, Nita, Peter, or anyone else who wants us dead for being who we are," I state with a peaceful image in my mind and I flash back to when I was in a coma and had experienced what can only be described as the supernatural.

"Tobias do you remember when I almost died?" I turn to him and he frowns down at me.
"Which time?" he quirks an eyebrow up.
"After the Italian gang had kidnapped me and I was in a coma," I murmur and Tobias slowly nods.
"I don't think I could ever forget," he murmurs.
"Is it sad that that was when I had the most peace, I wasn't safe at all and was balancing between life and death but I was at peace," I explain and Tobias's eyes hold sadness for a moment.

"I remember going mad," he shakes his head, "Killing, blanking out in anger, I don't even remember half the people I killed, I just remember red, everywhere." I place my hands on his chest and his eyes snap down to mine.
"I love you Tobias, and I'm sorry, I'll never leave again no matter what," I state.
"Do you promise me?" he tilts my head upwards with his fingertips.
"I promise," and with that, he kisses me.

                                                                                                 +++
"I still think scuba diving with..." Uriah starts.
"No Uriah, just no, please shut up!" Zeke exclaims to his younger brother while flipping pancakes in nothing but his swimsuit.
"Morning," I grumble as I walk in with bed head and my pajamas on.
"Morning sleeping beauty," Lynn winces as she sees me.
"Dang girl which gorilla did you wrestle today?" Uriah questions.
"Your mother," I retort while rolling my eyes then realizing what I just said, "Oh gosh please don't tell your mom I said that!"