Chapter 25: Four Fears

Tris POV

I get out of my new Blue Porsche and skip into school. I turned 16 in November and got my license, but that's not why I'm excited. I'm excited because today Four promised to take me into his fear landscape.

I see Principal Eaton, Amar, Four, and other teachers greeting. I wave at Principal Eaton and he smiles back. Four is so lucky to have a dad like him, he must be like a mother and a father cause Mrs. Eaton died a while ago.

I walk up to Four and grin, he looks really nervous.
"Good morning Mr. Eaton," I smile which kinda calms him.
"Good morning Miss Prior," he smirks and I walk in leaving him to greet more people. I hope no girls try to flirt with him, who am I kidding EVERY girl will flirt with him. I scowl and walk to my first class.

                  +              +            +

The bell rings signaling the end of lunch. I hop up and notice Four does to and we watch each other out of the corners of our eyes. Once we reach the hallway we head for the north side of school. After about 7 minutes of walking we get there. We take the elevator to the top floor and it's a glass room. From here we can see the entire city of Chicago, DH being in the middle of the city and everything.

"Tris," Four's voice knocks me out of my gaze.
"You ready?" He asks and I nod suddenly nervous. He presses the three inch needle into my skin and does the same to himself. He sits on the chair and I lay on him as the scenery slowly changes.

I stand up and we're on a rod that's on top of a skyscraper. Four's breathing is very irregular. He looks up and grips the pole till his hands are white.
"Four, we have to jump," I say coolly. He looks down and for a second I think he might faint.

"Alright," his voice is shaky and so are his hands. He slowly stands and I follow. He closes his eyes and I take his hand. He looks at our intertwined hands and it looks like he's getting strength. We bend our knees and jump.

We fly through the air like a diving bird. The ground gets closer and Four's grip gets tighter, never letting go of me. The impact of the ground is sudden but painless. Before I can ask what's next a wall comes crashing in on our backs.

I wince in pain and realize the box we're in. It creaks as it rapidly gets smaller. Four's eyes widen and I feel his heartbeat through my shirt.
"Four," I say trying to calm him. It doesn't work, in fact I think it makes it worse.

"Four listen to me, we have to make it smaller," I say holding his face. He nods and crouches down and soon I find myself on his lap with one leg wrapped under me and another folded next to me.

I wrap his arms around me for a more comfortable position. I feel his warmth radiating off of him as he buries his head in my neck.

"Where..." I start, "Where did you develop this fear?" I ask, I didn't know if you were born being claustrophobic or if something made you that way.
"Tiny closet upstairs," he gasps, "punishment."

Why would he be put in a tiny closet for punishment?
"We have a closet for all our coats," I say trying to lighten the mood.
"I really don't want to talk about it," he breathes.

"You know most guys would like to be in close quarters with a girl," I say.
"Not claustrophobic people Tris!" He gasps.

"Try and steady your breathing," I say while putting his hand on my heart.
"Tris? Why is your heart beating so fast?" He asks and thus time my breathing becomes irregular.
"It's, um, not everyday I'm crushed against a guy..." I say.
"Maybe you are a little bit candor," Four says, "Cause you're a horrible liar."

Right when he says that the walls break and I'm left cold without Four's touch. The room we're in next is black with a dim red glow. It's large but there are no lights except the red ones above us so I can't see how large.