Chapter 43: Reunited

Tris POV

"Four?" I ask and his head snaps up. We lock eyes for what seems to be an eternity. The light reflects from his dark blue eyes making them unreadable.

"Tris?" he chokes. Suddenly I'm fully awake, as if his voice pumped pure adrenaline through me. He throws his arms around me and I sob into his chest.

"You're awake, you're awake," he keeps muttering in my ear. I can't reply, all I do is nod sobbing more into his chest. Finally once we pull apart I notice Four has some tears in his eyes but knowing him he would never cry in front of me, not even at a time like this. Suddenly I feel his soft lips on mine. I gather all the strength I can to kiss back. Feeling my energy drain he pulls back.

"Tris," is the last thing I here until I fall into another deep sleep.

"Tris!" Four shouts, "They're coming, they're coming for all of us! We need to leave, hide!"

"We can't leave them behind!" I hear a voice say, that's when I realize it's my voice.

"They'll catch us! You don't get it we have to go now we can't wait!" I hear the roar of an engine and look back at the place we're leaving. It's Divergent High, but it's melting into a crimson red. It's blood. People are running into it with guns, there's screaming and crying and we're just leaving them. I notice I'm on a motorcycle with Four driving away.

"Four we have to go back!"

"Four!"

"Four!"

I jolt awake with Four sitting next to me, well kind of jolt awake, more like jump a little. Four notices I'm awake and kneels next to my bed.

"Hey," he smiles widely. We just stare into each other's eyes for a moment until he lets out a little laugh.

"What?" I ask smiling.

"I just... can't believe you're awake," he stands smiling still and taking a deep breathe. That's when a thought appears in my head.

"Four? What happened?" I just realized how many questions I have.

How did they get me out? Did Four get hurt? When did Amar come? How did my family react? How did my friends react? What did they all do while I was out? What did Four do? Did they think I was going to die? How did I wake up when I didn't want to?

"Um, it's a long story that we'll explain once you come home," he gives me a sad smile and then I know something bad happened while I was out.

"Home?" I ask, it all seems like an illusion now. I've been gone for so long, honestly I just want to see my puppy. Who's been taking care of her?

"Four I have a really important question," I state and his eyes suddenly turn very serious.

"Who took care of Kaya?" his eyes slowly soften and he lets out a short laugh.

"My sisters did don't worry," right when he says sisters his eyes widen in realization. What happened in-between him and his sisters?

"When will I go home?" I ask my voice filled with hope.
"They said you could go home tomorrow because you've already healed from all your injuries, you just need to rest."
"When will I go back to school? There's only a couple weeks left?"
"Soon, I promise," he says holding my hands.

Every time he looks at me I feel like I'm a worth a million dollars. It's what every girl dreams of, to be looked at the way he looks at me.
"I'm so glad you're awake," he mumbles into my neck as he holds me.

And in that moment I knew we were going to last forever. We were fire and ice. Black and white. Thunder and lighting. Without one the other is pointless, and together we are unstoppable.

I've never felt this way before. The feeling of pure emotion towards someone. The feeling that whenever you're away from each other you want to be with them in there arms again. Not in an intimate way, but in a way that expresses that you love them.

And I love him. I will always love him, in any world I would love him. In any version of reality. In any time or place.

Four's POV

I hold her in my arms as her chest rises and falls slowly. A ghost of a smile on her lips. I pull her close to me as I try to fit in the hospital bed with her.

She's awake. She's finally awake. I lay my head in the crook of her neck as she snuggles closer. This is it. This is love. I love her, and I know I've done nothing to deserve her love, I know that I've done nothing but hurt her. That I've tried to break her, but in truth I'm the one who broke. Im the one that fell so desperately in love.

I'm putting everything I've ever had on the line. My pride, my ego, but they're all her's now, I am her's now. My heart is hers, and if she chooses to break it, then let her break it. It was her's to break anyway, and only hers.

"I love you my angel," I whisper into her ear. I know she's asleep but I had to say it. She should know, everyone should know. I'm done hiding her from the world. I love her. I don't care if people don't want me to, I don't care that her family wouldn't approve.

The only thing I care about is her, and her love. I won't let her get hurt, and I sure as hell won't hurt her. I want to tell her how I feel but I'm afraid of empty words. Saying them isn't enough, buying her millions of dollars worth of flowers wouldn't even be enough. I know what I have to do to tell her how much I love her.

I'll tell everyone. How much I love her and how amazing and strong she is. She survived what almost no one could. She's so incredible. And she's mine. And I promise I won't hurt her, ever.