Chapter 79: On a Scale of One to Ten, Negative Two

I watch as the sandwich quickly disappears from Four's plate as he goes onto his apple and then the large cup of coffee that's supposed to get him through the whole flight. My eyes stay glued on the untouched bagel in front of me as I soon realize nerves and excitement have filled my stomach and there's no room for actual food.

"Why aren't you eating?" Four asks through a mouthful of apple. Glancing up at him again I realize his cleanly shaven face and ocean eyes that have almost brightened in the past few hours.
"I'll probably just save it for the flight or something," I shrug and toss the bagel in my carry on and hope security doesn't find it.

"You alright?" he tilts his head to the side like some puppy as he asks this and a smile forms on my face.
"Yeah, I'm just really excited that's all," I grin and he smiles back at me.
"Alright you two, you know the rules about sex, DON'DO IT!" Amat suddenly appears next to us with Tori at his side.

"And Four when she is in her swimsuit remember that she is a museum, you can look but you mustn't touch," he instructs Four sternly.
"Amar believe me I know her father alright talked to me earlier," Four nods and my head snaps in his direction.
"He did?" I question and he almost goes pale.
"Yeah, and your brother summed up his little 'talk' by saying if I touch you your father will basically rip my balls off," Four nods with a tight smile.

Rolling my eyes at my family's behavior I stand and excuse myself to the bathroom as I know that I'm not going to go on the flight.
"Beatrice," a voice speaks up from behind me and I turn to see a somewhat familiar face.
"Oh hey..." I trail off as I don't exactly remember his name.
"Matthew," he smiles and I nod my head slowly.
"Oh yeah we had Biology together Freshman year," I nod at the memory and he smiles brightly.

"So where are you going?" I question due to the fact that we are at an airport.
"I'm going to Mexico for a Neurology convention," he smiles.
"Neurology convention?" I question and his face brightens at the question.
"Yes David Anthony runs some tests down there and he asked me to go check on it," he grins with an odd glint in his eyes.

"David Anthony? You know him?" I feel myself suddenly become very interested in the subject and it seems Matthew knows it.
"Yes, he's my boss," he grins mischievously.

I hesitate as my mother's words echo in my head, if I hear anything about David I need to turn around and run, but something urges me to know more about him.
"What's David like?" I question slowly.
"Dr. Anthony is a brilliant man, he's discovered so many things in such a short amount of time. If only the government would give him more funding he probably would've cured cancer by now," Matthew muses.
"Well why don't they?" I ask and his face turns sour.
"They say he lies about his studies, but I know first hand that he doesn't, I'm usually the one there doing the studies," Matthew states with distaste.

"Tris," Will's voice comes from behind me and I turn around to see him standing alone with a look of confusion strewn across his face.
"Hey Will," Matthew smiles at him and Will's gaze switches over to him.
"Oh hey Matt," Will offers him a small smile.
"We gotta go soon," Will nods back towards the main center of the cafeteria.

"Ok, see you around," I smile at Matthew one last time before leaving with Will.
"Oh shoot I didn't even go to the bathroom," I turn back around to go back but Will quickly grabs my arm and pulls me around a corner.
"Will what the heck?" I exclaim.
"Why were you talking to Matthew?" Will hisses and I take a small step back in shock.
"He just started talking to me, why? What's wrong with him?" I question as Will glances around nervously.

"Matthew used to only take Erudite  classes until he started to switch to different factional classes, he tried to force himself to be Divergent or pure as David puts it," Will whispers.
"What's wrong with that?" I shrug knowing well enough everyone at DH wants to be good in all the factions.
"He works for David Anthony which means he believes very dangerous ideas about human nature, he's basically another version of Jeanine Matthews except way more hard core and has a lot more power," Will explains in a quiet tone.

"Ok who is this David guy and why is everyone telling me to stay away from him!?" I shout and Will's hand is over my mouth and he's shushing me quickly.
"Shhhhh Matthew could be close by! And if Matthew is close by then I wouldn't doubt if David is even here, now come on, the others are waiting and if we don't leave soon they'll wonder where we are."
                                                                                                 +++

"Alright you've got all your bags right?" Tori questions me and I nod silently while glancing at all of my suitcases and carry-ons.
"Alright kids," Amar's voice rises above all the others, "As an early Christmas present to all of you I decide to upgrade your flight to first class."

Loud cheers erupt from all of us and a large smile spreads on my face as I throw my arms around him.
"We got a present for you too!" Zeke shouts, "A week away from us!"
"Thank God!" Amar exclaims with a playful smile on his face.

Soon we're all hugging him goodbye and saying our fair wells, then out of the blue Tori pulls out a half a gallon of fro yo.
"Honey I don't think that's healthy," Amar whispers to her as she shoves it in his arms and goes around hugging us all with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so happy we finally get a break from you," she say through tears.
"Ouch," Lynn huffs.
"I mean I might miss you guys," she shrugs taking her fro yo back.
"Alright stay safe, no sex, Zeke Uriah be sure to thank your Uncle for me, and go to church Sunday I hear they have a good service down there, goodbye and I sort of love you all," Amar instructs us as we make our way to the plane.
"I love you!" Tori screams to us just as we get on the plane.

"Well onto our next adventure," Marlene sings and I know this while be quite the adventure.

                             +++
"Where is my shrimp kabob!?" Uriah shouts while banging on the table.
"Oh that was yours?" Zane questions through a mouthful of shrimp.
"You little..." Uriah growls then leaps onto Zane causing them to wrestle all over the floor.

The plane we're in smells strictly of anti-bacterial wipes and pomegranates making my mind flash back to every plane I've ever been in. Christina snores lightly next to me and Four and Zeke both lay passed out on the two couches in the corner while everyone else plays card games or watches movies.

"Does anybody actually know what we'll do when we get there?" Shauna lifts her head up from Netflix.
"Usually when the boys and I go we just chill at the beach and zip line," Will shrugs from next to Christina.

"Ok but now it's all of us which means big parties, long romantic walks on the beach, sunset photos shoots, and a lot of dancing!" Marlene commands.
"Yeah ok," Will sighs before going back on his laptop.
"Don't worry babe I'll do all those things with you," Uriah grins before hopping off of an irritated Zane and sliding into the booth his girlfriend is sitting in.

"On a scale of one to ten how much fun is this vacation going to be?" I question dropping my phone on the table.
"Either negative two or twelve, the chances of it being in between are very slim," Zane answers while ordering on a tablet another meal.

"What do you guys want for dinner, shrimp, steak, chicken, or roast beef?" he asks while staring at the tablet in front of him.
"Shrimp!" Uriah shouts and soon Christina jolts awake at his voice and Four stirs in his sleep.

"Four," I nudge him slightly causing his eyes to sleepily open.
"Are we there yet?" he murmurs and I only smile softly at him, "We have another four hours, what do you want for dinner?"
"Um," he yawns loudly causing me to yawn as well.
"I'll just have what you're having," he mutters before nuzzling his head into my shoulder a bit.
"We'll take two steaks!" I call out to Zane and he nods while typing something into the tablet.

"I have an idea," Uriah calls out to all of us.
"Oh no not again," Zeke mutters as he lifts his head from his tiny pillow.
"No I swear this one is actually a good one!" Uriah claims and we all glance around the room at each other before Marlene finally nods her head at him.
"Scuba diving, but with..."

All right guys I'm so sorry for the super short chapter and super late update. I've literally had the worst writer's block and I've been reading other books, watching movies, I've been trying anything to get ideas and make my story less boring because I feel like everything I'm writing now is super boring and crappy and I don't feel motivated at all because of it so here's a really short and crappy chapter until I get my shit together and figure out how to write again. Thank you all for putting up with me.
xoxoxo