CHAPTER-13

since the portions came inside , the juniors noticed that their caretakers talking to something holding their book in their hands . they looked at each other , they nodded as a promised to study and save their caretaker's faces in front of lan qiren . 

the next day , lan zhan and wei ying sat in the low table along with them after the break fast . "children , you are going to study . look , i will put the timetable - " basically lan zhan said that they will start reading at 4 am to 6am and a two hours of sleep and then breakfast , then from 9 am to 12 pm they should study . from 12 pm to 2 pm they are free to do whatever they want to which the juniors decided to read their novel along with their lunches . from 2pm to 5pm they should write down whatever they learnt and give it to them so that the two adults could check on it . from 5pm to 6 pm they are given break . by 7 pm they would have their dinner and they are free until 8 pm and they are supposed to sleep at 8 and continue their schedule . 

the juniors listened  , they had only eight hours of studying and 6-7 hours of break and 8 hours of sleep . that is a good way to put up a study plan indeed . but the juniors were confused . why would they give breaks in between ? . grandmaster lan never gave them breaks at all . not like anyone had any courage to ask for it . 

they lied on the bed in the afternoon , jin ling hugging the teddy while jingyi and sizhui hugging white and black bunny plushies . the plushies always gave them a sense of comfort all the times . they spoke with each other and promised to fulfil their promise . 

after 9 days of torture and studying and playing around , today was the last day for them to study and tomorrow would be their exam . they woke up at 3 in the morning and walked out and sat down and opened the book and revised their topics when they heard a door clicking and they all saw lan zhan who was in black pajamas , sleepy and rubbing his eyes holding a pillow on his waist .  hair entirely messy . 

he sat next to jin ling , hugging the pillow . "it is only 3 ya know? go sleep." he said leaning on jin ling who had to resist the urge to pet his uncle's messy head . 

"no uncle , we have exam tomorrow , we will get good marks so that you can cut off that old man's beard off" jin ling said it with a determination which made lan zhan chuckle sitting up straight . lan zhan pulled jin ling to his lap and playfully pinched his ears , making the two little lans laugh 

"so you want me to cut off that beard?" lan zhan asked . "mm!" jin ling nodded as he sat up . he looked at lan zhan , lan wangji was someone he was normally afraid of . but this man was more of a father despite staying with him for not even two weeks than his uncle who he spent up his entire life with . he liked him so much . he always looked up to lan zhan as his father figure . not that the man did object it , he said nothing at all . 

"father , how did you find us ?" sizhui asked . now both jingyi and jin ling was curious . 

"well , i have a sharp hearing . i heard door clicking and thought you three walked to washroom and shifted to the side , then i heard light switching sound and ruffling of book sounds and stood up . " lan zhan said smiling . they heard door clicking open and wei ying came with another pillow on his waist and sat to the opposite side of jin ling .

"there is something i want to say " wei ying said seriously , but his sleepy face made him cuter . 

"today , you three wont learn at all . i am NOT allowing you to read " lan zhan said . 

the juniors were confused . why? their grandmaster would force them to learn at this time . 

"but father -" ."no jingyi"