CHAPTER-37

AN :

       GRAB TISSUES #4 

---------------------------------

the empathy continues -

wei wuxian entered the room to see jiang li xiang sitting on the side of the bed holding her bedridden father jiang cheng's hand looking all defeated , her looks were almost too pitiful . while she shared almost same kind of looks with her father and her paternal grandmother who had the very same sharp look , her current expression did not fit her grandmother who was the violet spider . zidian on her hand cracked very low , almost invisible to wei wuxian . when her eyes met the intruder , she did not even move a bit , but her eyes told the respectful greetings , sadly . 

jiang cheng [ post war ] never thought his daughter would look like this . he personally felt her sadness , because he himself was in the very same situation like her , after loosing his entire family . 

yiling laozu had complicated feelings , he simply clutched hanguang jun's sleeves tightly making hanguang jun slightly lean his head over the younger male . a small smile crept on yiling laozu's face at the silent support . 

the two were unnoticed 

li xiang stood up looking at her father before retracting her hands from his own , she bowed and when she stood up from the bow after wei wuxian's very unnoticeable slight nod , her eyes held unshed tears brimming up to half of her beautiful violet - grey eye color which she inherited from her father . she quickly ran out hiding her face within her long wide sleeves .

everyone surely felt sympathetic towards her .  

when wei wuxian looked at the bed , he saw his brother , who was the former sect leader of the jiang clan lying down , all pale , cheeks sunken , hairs messy and all white , many wrinkles over his body , exhibiting old age at all possible directions . jiang cheng simply wore comfortable jiang inner robes and laid on the bed with closed eyes . he could be nearly mistaken for a dead man if he wasnt breathing at all . 

both jiang cheng looked at their oldest self , they surely never thought they would look so old than grandmaster lan at his age . 

both yanlis had tears brimming from their eyes and zixuan had to wipe them off . 

wei wuxian [gusu] seek comfort from lan wangji [gusu] and preferred to be silent . 

wei wuxian sat at the corner of the bed near jiang cheng's pillow and forced up a smile like he did in his younger days , but it really was too difficult after loosing his husband . he took in a breathe and said "a-cheng" . the bedridden man opened his eyes and looked at his brother and gave out a shaky , wavery and a very tired voice "a-xian" . jiang cheng lifted his hand a little and wei wuxian intervened it with his own hands giving out his own warmth . 

both pairs of yunmeng pride twins were silent . jiang cheng [gusu] looked at his own brother , he lived a healthy life while he was too old even when wei wuxian was 3 months older than him. how was it possible ? he wondered 

jiang cheng [post war] was secretly happy that his brother is there to support him as he used to and mended their relationship to the point they call each other lovingly .