Chapter 20

Since Ning Ning and the nanny went out, the smile on Xu Jinyi's face has faded a lot. When Zheng Ronghan said these words, Xu Jinyi's smile completely disappeared.

"Why?" Xu Jinyi picked up the teapot on the table and poured two cups of tea, pushed one cup to the opposite side, and brought the cup to his mouth. After two sips, he said slowly, "The life of the parents, the words of the matchmaker. Miss Sun was Caomin's mother before she died. If Caomin doesn't get married with Miss Sun, and if her deceased mother has knowledge under the spring, how can you feel at ease?"

"Besides," Xu Jinyi continued with another half cup of tea and sipped, "Miss Sun has a beautiful appearance, and Caomin is very satisfied with her since she has never been married."

Zheng Ronghan gritted his teeth in resentment after hearing what the little gentleman said, "What's so good about the granddaughter? Didn't you see it just now, that woman has a soft and pretentious attitude. , and even..."

"What else?"

"She still seduces me!" Zheng Ronghan clapped his hands on the table and stood up, walked to Xu Jinyi step by step, staring at him with his head lowered, "Although this king has so far I haven't married a wife or a concubine, but I often meet some women who try to climb the dragon and the phoenix, and the gesture that the granddaughter made in front of the king just now is obviously trying to climb the king!"

Zheng Ronghan wanted to keep it for the little gentleman. Face, but seeing Mr. Xiao's "deeply rooted" appearance, the anger in his chest has already surpassed his reason, and he pointed out Sun Peirou's mind without thinking. Speaking out at this time, Zheng Ronghan may have a moment of regret, but his heart is mostly happy. He slowly lowered his head and approached Xu Jinyi more and more, "Do you really want to marry that despicable woman who doesn't know how to be a shameless woman?" Xu Jinyi is very surprise. In the plot, An Wang is withdrawn by nature. Although there are women who flock to him, he has never been moved until he meets Sun Peirou under the decree of disaster relief. Sun Peirou also took the initiative to attack, but because of the loss of her father and mother, she has regarded King An as the last straw for her survival, and she has become more and more aware of how to advance and retreat in front of King An.

When King An had no intention of being in danger, Sun Peirou happened to be by King An's side, and even more righteously blocked the sword for King An, saving King An's life as a daughter.

Sun Peirou was arranged by King An to recuperate in the county government office because of the grace of saving his life. In order to show her pure kindness in front of King An, she recited scriptures and prayed for rain every day regardless of her serious injuries, and prayed for the blessings of all people in the world.

One day, Sun Peirou fainted due to her lack of support while chanting the scriptures. Less than a quarter of an hour after she passed out, the sunny weather suddenly changed, and a heavy rain suddenly came, and the long-drought land ushered in sweet rain, which lasted for a long time. The six-month drought is finally over. I don't know when rumors spread in the county government. It was Sun's sincerity that moved the gods and made it rain heavily. Since then, Sun Peirou's name of pure goodness has been widely circulated in the county. Sun Peirou is no longer a farmer's daughter, but a kind person who has been favored by the heavens. With the right time and place, Sun Peirou gradually loosened King An's heart and eventually became King An's only woman. It is also because of this that An Wang cherishes her children very much, and Zheng Yanran, as the only daughter of the two, is even more favored by An Wang. But today's King An thinks that Sun Peirou is not abiding by the way of women? Seeing the undisguised disgust on King An's face, Xu Jinyi was extremely shocked, and at the same time felt ridiculous. He blushed because he held back his smile, Xu Jinyi shivered his shoulders and clenched his fists, "Caomin, Caomin—" Zheng Ronghan thought that the little gentleman was ashamed and angry, and he felt pity and distress in his heart. He quickly stretched out his big palm and stroked the little gentleman up and down, his voice soft and gentle, "Nothing, nothing, such a woman is not worthy of marrying Tianci, and it is a good thing to recognize her true face early. " Lord." Not knowing that he was being distressed by Prince An, Xu Jinyi stood up and bowed to Zheng Ronghan with a resolute expression, "Miss Sun is dignified and virtuous, she will never do such despicable things, maybe - maybe the prince is wrong. I don't know." "Impossible!" Zheng Ronghan threw his sleeves in anger, "Although that Sun's daughter did not blatantly scratch her head, but her demeanor was undoubtedly a seductive attitude. What's more, a three-year-old child knows that a woman's boudoir name cannot be shared with others. Humanity, but the daughter of the Sun family is talking about herself in front of this king!"

Zheng Ronghan was furious when he thought of how this person protected the daughter of the Sun family, and he bullied him, almost touching the tip of Xu Jinyi's nose, "This king is the dignified King An of the Daqing Dynasty, how could he slander a peasant woman? If I didn't have a good time with you, lest you be deceived by the daughter of the Sun family, what would the daughter of the Sun family do to the king?"

Xu Jinyi seemed to be persuaded by King An, his face was hesitant, but he finally turned to Zheng Ronghan. With a salute, "Your Highness, Caomin believes in Miss Sun."

"You—huh!" Zheng Ronghan stared at the eagle, his hair was standing on end, and he was so angry that he turned around and left, opened the door but stopped again Bu Zi , "This king has a way to let you see the true face of that Sun's daughter!"

After speaking, Zheng Ronghan left with a flick of his sleeves.

Xu Jinyi looked at the open door, the lines between his brows gradually wrinkled into a few ravines.

Why did Zheng Ronghan prevent himself from fulfilling his marriage with Sun Peirou? Why did Zheng Ronghan disregard the face of his daughter's family to pierce Sun Peirou's careful thoughts?

Just hating what Sun Peirou did?

Xu Jinyi shook his head. Zheng Ronghan is a proud person. His pride is that if he doesn't like a person, he will directly send his subordinates to fork that person out, so that that person will never have the chance to appear in front of him again.

To reveal Sun Peirou 's true face and let himself be willing to break up the engagement with Sun

Peirou - Xu Jinyi froze in place, could it be that Zheng Ronghan

is not narcissistic towards him... In the last different world, Zhao Chengli had no feelings for the official match Meng Zijie , and turned to be courteous to him. In this world, Zheng Ronghan took the first step to disgust Sun Peirou, the official partner, and the good marriage between the two seems to have no good start.

Just now, Zheng Ronghan also frequently made some ambiguous little actions to him.

That's all in the last life. Zhao Chengli was originally a crook, so it's not too strange to like him. In this life, Zheng Ronghan is a straight and straight man. If he is really interested in him - Xu Jinyi covered his face and no longer thought about it.

=======

A few villagers in Lijia Village finished receiving their food and got on the bullock cart of the third master to drive back.

"Daughter of the Sun family, the person who just talked to you was a godsend from the Li family?" The three mothers asked Sun Peirou curiously, holding the food they had shared.

Sun Peirou's mood had calmed down a bit, but when the three mothers mentioned Li Tianci, her frustration and anger rose again. Sun Peirou hurriedly exhaled two bad breaths and forced a smile, "It's Big Brother Li."

"Oh, hello . The granddaughter of the Sun family." The three mothers patted their thighs, smiling like a flower on the rough face of long-term work, "This boy from the Li family is actually working in the county government office, wouldn't it be possible to see the magistrate master often? If the boy from the Li family gets it The magistrate's blue eyes, looking for a serious job in the county government office, will he not be an official in the future?" "No, the Li family boy is the only scholar in the village, that is called Wenqu Xingxia, good luck." One The middle-aged man with some knowledge clicked his tongue twice, "Don't look at people who have been planting land at home for two years, and said that they didn't enter the county office immediately after entering the county office? Where is the county office? If we go in, our legs will tremble. , and only people like the Li family boy have that ability!" "Yeah, the Li family boy is a fortunate person, if he becomes the official master, the Sun family girl, you will become the official lady." An aunt in the same village Laughing and joking about Sun Peirou. Sun Peirou lowered her head and remained silent. What is an official lady? That person just now was Prince An! If she could marry the prince and be his princess, then her good fortune would be much better than Li Tianci! It was all to blame for Li Tianci's rude mouth, and he actually told the marriage contract between them, so that the prince could hear it clearly. How could a person as noble as Wang Ye marry a woman who had a marriage contract? Sun Peirou clenched her teeth tightly, wishing she could go back in time, first shut up Li Tianci's broken mouth, and then go to King An to show it, let King An discover her beautiful appearance, be moved by her, be addicted to her , for her not to marry.

"Yo, is the daughter of the Sun family embarrassed?" The three sisters clapped her hand, "Now that the government has distributed food, we have hope in the winter, and when God rains a heavy rain next year, our life can be settled down again. At that time, the wedding date of the daughter of the Sun family and the boy of the Li family is approaching. Let's all help you and let you get married happily!"

"Yeah, the day finally has hope."

"Hey? That's not it . Aunt Li? Why doesn't the one next to her look like the second child of the Li family?"

A woman in the distance followed behind an old man with a submissive look. If Xu Jinyi was here, he would probably be able to tell at a glance that that cautious woman was Li Tianci's aunt, Li Chen.

"You don't know yet." One woman pulled another woman to bite her ear. "Second Li bought the aunt of the Li family half a month ago and sold it to an old widower in Luoshui Village in his fifties. I heard that. That old widower is not a good thing, his first two wives were beaten to death by him."

"Aunt Li has committed a crime, isn't her eldest son still alive? Don't stop him?"

" There is no way, there is no food at home, and can I still starve to death? Li Lao Er can only sell Li's aunt, and I heard that it is replaced by ten catties of cornmeal."

"Ten catties of cornmeal?"

"What is ten catties of cornmeal? I heard that Lin Lin The drought in the county is more serious, and there are not a few yellow-flowered girls there who follow others because of a white flour cake."

"It will be good, it will be good, now the government has given us food, and God will wait for a while. When it rains, everything will be fine."

"My mother and father were not willing to eat a full meal when they were dying. If the weather is good in the coming year, I have to prepare a table of chicken, duck and fish for my father and mother. Let my mother and father have a good time."

For a while, the men and women on the ox cart fell silent, some picked up their sleeves and wiped their tears, while others were choked up and unable to control themselves.

Sun Peirou couldn't help shedding two lines of tears when she thought of her mother and father who loved her. She also thought that her father and mother could be buried thanks to Big Brother Li. Big Brother Li was really kind to her. She had that kind of thought just now, and she was extremely ashamed to think about it at this time.

Forget it, she is also someone who has a marriage contract, and the prince will definitely not marry her. Brother Li can now work in the government office, which is considered capable. He is gentle and kind, and he loves her very much. Even if he doesn't marry the prince, he doesn't care too much.

Sun Peirou bit her lip and lowered her head sadly.