Chapter 56

After half a month, Jing Yao's condition finally improved, but the number of plague patients in the capital increased day by day.

While stabilizing Jing Yao's condition, Xu Jinyi worked with the imperial doctor of the imperial hospital every day to study the prescriptions for the plague, adding, deleting, deleting, modifying, and finally formulating a medicine that could treat the plague.

At this time, the number of people infected with the plague in the capital had risen to a very terrifying number. The beggars who lacked clothing, food and living conditions were the most serious, followed by ordinary people, and many of the dignitaries also had symptoms of low fever. . Even though Xu Jinyi returned to Cheng's house every day to take a look, he gave Cheng's father a piece of preventive medicine, and told Cheng's father not to forget to let the people in the house boil soup every day to drink. The wife's throat was still swollen and sore.

Immediately!

As soon as the prescription came out, after the trial on death row prisoners suffering from the plague, the results were unprecedentedly good. Xu Jinyi immediately posted the prescription, so that wealthy families could make their own medicinal soup, and those who had no money to buy medicine could take a bowl and go to the street to get the medicinal soup for free.

Fewer and fewer corpses were centrally processed by the government, and the plague symptoms of those who were sick continued to diminish, both inside and outside the palace.

Two months later, the last patient infected with the plague finally recovered, the plague finally withdrew from the stage of history, and people's lives gradually returned to normal order.

"Send these charges down, and let the civil and military officials take a good look at it!" For the first time after the plague, Jing Yao did not wait for the crowd to start, and took the lead.

Plagues usually occur after natural disasters such as droughts, floods, and earthquakes. When this plague broke out, there was no natural disaster in Daliang.

To be more precise, the plague broke out in the palace, and the people serving in the Qianqing Palace first fell ill, and then it spread to Jing Yao.

So weird, how could Jing Yao not be suspicious?

Therefore, as soon as Jing Yao seemed to be recovering, he immediately sent his men to investigate this inexplicable plague.

As soon as Empress Yuan passed away, my grandfather handed over all the contacts in his hands to him. Now that these contacts have developed for more than 20 years, Jing Yao's secret power has grown to a level that ordinary people can't imagine. Even though the plague covered up many traces, Jing Yao's secret people still found out the originator of the plague.

Chen Wang!

It is indeed the King Chen! For the sake of the throne, even his mother, who lives in the Cining Palace, can't even care about it.

Jing Yao's face was as gloomy as ink, but the corners of his mouth were hooked up, and the ends of his narrowed eyes were full of cold smiles.

When everyone saw the piles of evidence, even the most serious pedantic old pedant couldn't help blushing, wishing that the emperor could tie King Chen and give him a lingering punishment!

If you fight for the throne, you will fight for the throne.

Chen Wang played a good abacus, and everyone knew it at a glance.

This plague, from beginning to end, was not just for harming the emperor alone.

What King Chen wanted was the life of the emperor and their civil and military officials.

After Jing Yao ascended the throne, King Chen and all the officials loyal to King Chen were sent to Jiangnan. Although Jiangnan has been a place of wealth since ancient times, the treasury of Daliang is not empty. Jing Yao did not intend to rely on Jiangnan to earn money. He only asked King Chen to pay enough taxes to the court every year.

Furthermore, although Jiangnan is a rich and prosperous place, the troops and horses there are very poor. Even if King Chen has been camping in Jiangnan for 50 years, the people in his hands may not be worthy of the force of the northwest army. Jing Yao hated the late emperor's partiality, but when he finally sat on the throne, he realized that the late emperor had placed King Chen in the south of the Yangtze River, which was actually giving him a serious problem. In this way, after Jing Yao won the throne, he had to send King Chen and his supporters to Jiangnan because he "can't kill his feet". As for other important positions, Jing Yao used all officials who were loyal to him. . Especially in Beijing.