Chapter 14

Jayden's POV (uh oh):

"Jayden, dear! Were home~" A cheerful voice caught our attention. 'Ah...I fogot about mom...' Panic rushed through my head. I got up and pushed Danny away from me. He didn't know what to do. I quickly passed him his shirt and whispered: "Quick, put your clothes on and act like your sleeping over." I put my shirt on and laid down on the bed. He did the same thing and laid down next to me.

"Idiot! Sleep on the ground." I whispered. He groaned and laid on the ground. 'Good, mom will think it's a sleepover or something.' I closed my eyes and fake-sleeped.

"Jayden? Are you sleeping?" Mom opened my door and hummed, probably because he saw another stranger on the floor sleeping. My door shut close again and I sighed. 

Next day (still Jayden POV)

I woke up at mom calling my name. I yawned and stood up. 'What? Why is my blanket on the floor' I sighed and picked it up. I put my clothes on and went downstaires. Mom was talking with someone. 'Probably dad, I'm so hungry.' I hurried to the kitchen to eat food, but stopped when I saw Danny. 'Huh....what....OH!' My eyes widened. 

"Goodmorning." Danny smiled at me warmly. I avoided his gaze and sat down on the table.

"Goodmorning Jayden, did you hear us come home last night? Or were you asleep?" Mom said, placing her glasses on her nose. 

"No..." I said, laughing nervously. 

"Danny told me you guys had a sleepover. I didn't interrupt something, did I? I did hear shuffeling and whispering. Haha, don't tell me you guys were gaming all night." Mom said getting the bread.

I saw Danny on the corner of my eye smirking at me. I flushed red from embarrassment.

"Yes, uhh we were gaming...haha." I replied back. She chuckeld.

"Now eat quick and go to school, it's almost time!" I nodded and ate my bread.

We walked together to school, it was awkward. Neither of us talked and just walked in silence. My thoughts were exploding in my head, meanwhile Danny seemed calm and was enjoying the wind breeze. I wanted to begin talking about something. 

"The weather is nice...righ-" 

"Let's do it again." He cheerfully said. Nevermind, I think it's better to say nothing. 

"What? Don't you like me anymore?" He teasingly said. I rolled my eyes and ignored the question. He holded my hand and intertwined our fingers as he hummed. I turned the opposite way and blushed. We slowly arrived at school and I pushed my hand away. 'Cold.' I shaked that thought off and went inside. We seperated our path and went to our friends. Dylan and Rafael were happy to see me and asked if everything was alright. I just nodded and they carried on with the conversation with me. 

I took a quick glance at Danny. He was talking with Alan and Lisa was with them too. I tried to listen to their conversation and got a little closer. I could hear them now. I heard Lisa talk about something but I couldn't hear who, because she whispered the most.

"Do you actually like ........." Lisa smirked. I felt eyes on my back. I glanced at them and Danny was looking the other way. He sighed. He looked....sad? Or forced?

"No..." He mumbled.

"No what?" Lisa smirked even wider, her eyes furrowing at Danny. I know this wasn't a good thing. 

"No...I don't like Jayden."

TBCC WOOOO