Chapter 37

TW: slur words the f word😰

Jayden's POV:

"How come you never told me you couldn't swim?" Angay yelled angrily at me. Everyone turned their attention to us. Danny and I were sitting on the ground after he jumped into the water and helped me swim to the shore in time. Angay shook her head, scoffing.

"We've already warned everyone and even questioned if everyone has a swimming license. Why didn't you say it sooner?!" I made an awkward smile.

"I thought...that swimming wouldn't be so difficult," I admitted, embarrassed. Danny was glaring at me from the corner of my eye.

"I should inform your parents that you've never told us that you couldn't swim AND you'd almost drowned!" She said disappointed. I gasped.

"N—No!" I refused. Mrs. Angay stared at me, concerned.

"I mean..." I couldn't think of anything to say. Danny sensed that and wanted to say something but Mrs. Angay walked away. I was speechless as I sat on the ground.

'My parents have no idea I went to Spain...If Mrs. Angay discovers this, she will explode and embarrass me in front of my class...' I sighed. Danny remained silent the entire time. We sat next to one another in silence, just staring at our classmates. After a while, Danny began to speak.

"Why..." He just said. I sighed as I understood his question.

"I just...thought it wasn't that necessary, and...I don't know, swimming seemed so simple—-"

"Jayden! Do you have any idea how scared I was?!?! You must always tell me everything. I'm your boyfriend!" Danny frowned as he looked at me. I blushed and turned aside. I should've told Danny, he was telling the truth.

"I'm...sorry." I expressed my regret. Danny groaned and brushed his wet hair behind with his hand. We were still sitting on the ground, and everyone had gone back to their business.

"My mother is clueless that we are in Spain. What would she do if she discovers, and Angay also discovers, that I haven't told them...?" I spoke desperately. Danny gave me a worried look.

"Don't worry, I'll never leave your side." He gave a warm smile. Thank goodness he wasn't mad any more. I smiled back. Danny put his hand on top of mine and scooted closer to me.

"Let's not go swim in the sea and sit here for a while, hm?" He spoke next to my ear. My face flushed as I flinched.

I suddenly realized that we weren't the only ones at the beach, and that one of our classmates could have noticed us.I moved away from Danny to avoid suspicion.

"Hm?" Danny looked confused.I grinned awkwardly and wanted to explain the situation but someone interrupted me.

"Jayden? Is everything alright?" Dylan asked, concerned. I turned around to face him. I also noticed a few classmates behind him.

"Uhh- Yeah I'm fine, no worries." I grinned.

"What the hell happened, bro? I used to think you were the best swimmer. You don't seem to be very good at sports, do you?" Alan was stunned. My mood dropped as I frowned. He was entirely honest.

"Yeah, I'm not very good at sports." I smiled tiredly.

"Why not? You're almost 19, you should be doing something useful. How is it even possible to be that bad at swimming? I learned to swim when I was about 5 years old! I also think that you're bad at cooking and cleaning too, aren't you?" He muttered some more nonsense, which gave me a headache. More people tried to silence him, but it was pointless. I started ignoring him.